cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.0 Workflow - SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Developers,

I have created a a thick client and thin client application using Sybase Unwired Platform 2.0. i have successfully configured and tested Single Sign On on the thick client application. i need to test the same functionality for an hybrid workflow application.

PFB the steps i have followed to test the SSO on the workflow application.

1. while creating the MBO's i have selected run time credentials and defined username and password.

2. in the load parameter i have defined username as the personalizatiom key.

3. while creating the workflow application i have checked

a. Can be started on demand from the client.

b. Create credential request starting point.

in the menu item i have given save screen. as per docs and understanding after entering this the application will be opened from th client initiated screen. the credentials entered earlier supposed to be propagated to the personalization key, but i cannot see the credentials even in the start screen. can somebody help me and let me know if i have missed some thing here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kartik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I'm doing the document HOW-TO and I don't understand item 4.2.

What's ESDMA bundle?

Where can I add parameter login-required=true?

HOW-TO

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/603dca31-5456-2f10-7585-aef409aa5...

Anybody did this document?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Developers,

I have successfully been able to test the SSO functionality on a Client Initiated Workflow. but yet to test the same thing on a Server Initiated Workflow. please provide inputs if somebody has tried this out before.

Regards,

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kary,

Can you please explain how u did that for Client Initiated workflow.

Thanks & Regards

SAKET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

Please ensure the following things to test SSO on Client initiated approach:

1. While creating MBO's give run time credentials as username and password.

2. when creating a new workflow project, select client initiated and credential request starting points

3. the credential request screen will be created with username and password. the default edit boxes have cache credential username and password as checked.

4. the issue that i was facing is the same username i was not able to prapogate to other client initiated screen(key), as an online request trigger would require the parameter(Username in my case) to be mapped to get the data.

5. In order to propagate the attribute, to the client initiated start screen, you can drag and drop an edit box on the screen and check cache credential username in the advanced tab. this would ensure that the username entered in the credential request screen is propagated to the client initiated start screen.

the single sign on would then work in this manner:

1. on entering the credentials there is an asynchronous call to the backend and application terminates.

2. when you go to the client initiated application and click again, the application opens with the start screen. on click of the online request menu item, the previousely entered credentials are validated, if they are found to be correct, the data on the next screen is retrieved, otherwise the application goes back to the credential request screen, and prompts user to reenter the credentials.

Regards,

Kartik

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kary72,

I tried everything to do the SSO from a server initiated workflow.

The problem is that SUP does the query before sending the notification to the target device, so it's impossible for SUP to do this query with the device credentials.

But my final solution was create a generic user for the query that initiates the workflow, and then I do all the operations from the with the credentials stored on the device.