cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make plant mandatory field in Sales order thru standard SAP process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is requirement in business that User wants to make plant field Mandatory in Sales order line item once material number is entered. Can you please guide me how I can make Plant field mandatory thru Standard SAP process.

I had checked it thru Incompletion process & Order type incompletion messages but still Plant field is not becoming mandatory in Sales order. It only gives incompletion log while saving the SO. Please suggest how to do it thru Standard SAP process.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suggest how to add screen 4900 or 4952 in Transaction variant BUS2032 for making plant field mandatory in Sales order/Contract line item? or is there any transaction variant where I can find plant screen fields? Please suggest.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Screen 4900 unable to add in transaction variant BUS2032 .

Regards,

Saurabh

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Plant will determine based on Customer-material Info Record, Customer Master data & material Master

If plant is not mandatory in customer Master and Customer material no problem

but at the time of creating the material master Plant Mandatory as per my knowledge, so system will pick plant from Material master that is the case why you required plant Mandatory in Sale order level

and you need to do Shipping Point Determination for that plant

Did you check by using User Exit ? if not try once what i have suggested

Try with User Exit 

MV45AFZZ , FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

VBAP - WERKS = " " 

if VBAP - MATNR , POSNR = not initial

Error Messgae "E"

Check and Revert

Regards,

Prasanna

Edited by: prasanna_sap on Feb 14, 2012 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

I had tried User exit as suggested by you. It does ask for plant at Sales order line item but in this case, User has to pull the cursor where plant field is located & then assign plant code which is tedious job for them. User wants that once material number is entered, system should take them at Plant level code in screen 4900 automatically. Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Check the logic Once Again

if( vbap-matnr is not initial and vbap-posnr is not initial and vbap-werks is initial ).

raise error message.( like plant is not maintained )

note: E001(ZMSG).

endif.

better understanding sit with ABAPers

Regards,

Prasanna

0 Kudos

If you feel that nothing is working out on your way so use the status profile for your sales document item and make the plant required and assign that user status with your sales order. T-Code BS02

Ankur

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

If you want to do it in Screen 4900

MODULE VBAP-WERKS_PRUEFEN ON REQUEST

PERFORM ENDE_OHNE_PRUEFUNG USING SPACE

ENHANCEMENT 315 ZENH_SALES_ITEM_PLANT_VALIDATI. "active version

If vbap-werks is initial and vbap-matnr is not initial and vbap-posnr is not initial.

message 'Enter the Plant' type 'E'.

endif.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

Can you please suggest what "Status profile" should I assign in Sales document item category? There are many status profiles maintained in t-code BS02 but which one is relevant for Plant mandatory field?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phani,

I am unable to add screen in transaction variant BUS2032 thru SHD0. Please suggest how to add it in cxurrent transaction variant.

Regards,

Saurabh

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through [this link .|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/TransactionVariant-AStepbyStepGuidefor+Creation]

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please suggest me how I can make plant field mandary hery at Screen 4452 in VBAP-WERKS field of Sales order thru SHD0? I am unable to make it mandatory. Incompletion message will not fulfill User's requirement.

Regards,

Saurabh

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It does works.

You have to make it required in Screen 4900.

Dont forget to assign the same to your document type.

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Still plant is not showing as mandatory. Do I need to maintain Screen no. 4452 or 4900 also for the variant?

Regards,

Saurabh

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Try with User Exit

MV45AFZZ , FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

VBAP - WERKS = " "

if VBAP - MATNR , POSNR = not initial

Error Messgae "E"

Try and check

Regards,

Prasanna

Edited by: prasanna_sap on Feb 10, 2012 8:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram .. so I need to do it thru SHD0 t-code for Contract Va41 & sales Order Va01 creation. Do I need to mention t-code VA42 & Va02 also to record it for change document? I will maintain the Variant in VOV8 for Sales order type as suggested & the test.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,do the same,come back and post the test results at forum.

Ram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is, if the client is within India, then you set the excise condition type as mandatory in pricing procedure. Excise condition value will not flow if plant is missing.

The other option is set the shipping point in incompletion log (VBAP - VSTEL with screen value as PDE2) and assign this procedure to your item category. To have a shipping point in sale order, plant is a must. So user cannot save the sale order. Of course, for plant itself, you can set incompletion log which has already been suggested.

These are standard options. Alternatively, you can go ahead with user exits.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

it is mandatory to keep the plant in the sales order,now this depands that from where the plant will determin.as u know plant is determin first from

CMIR

CMR

and then Material master record

now you want that plant should come from line item ,in that condition u just maintain the plant in material master only.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I had already done this but requirement is that Plant Field should be made mandatory in Sales order line item Shipping data.

Can you please suggest how to do it thru standard SAP process?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

One option i checked and it did work. You can achieve it through Transaction variant, T code SHD0.

Record the VA01 transaction go to shipping tab and save.

Search for plant(tech name- VBAP-WERKS).

Make it required and assign the variant to order type in VoV8- Transaction flow-Variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the above process not helpful, go for transaction variant T.code SHD0 (Zero),here give the transaction code VA01 give the

transaction variant BUS2032 click on change or (CTRL + F5) in the list find VBAP-WERKS you will get the plant then tick the

required box and save,now the plant becomes mandatory.

Check and revert

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I hope you maintained the VBAP - WERKS in your in completion log,when you saving the order still system is allowing you to

save the order with in completion message.Go to VOV8 select your document type in that Transaction flow tab tick the

incomplete.message box,now the system will not allow you to save the order until it got completed.

Regards

Ram