cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save spool ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement that, I need to save only few selected spool to keep period of time like 2-3 months. Could you please advise on how to achieve this ?

The regular spool_reorg job deletes the spool every 10days, but our requirement is to keep only selected spool for longer period.

Thanks in advance,

Yoga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yoga,

Apart from Diego suggestion, You can also keep the SPOOL for required time in the SPOOL Attributes. SELECT the SPOOL button in SM37 JOB. Select the SPOOL and click on GOTO in the MENU and select "REQUEST ATTRIBUTES" --> You will see a FIELD called "DELETE ON" --Enter the required date and SAVE it.

Above method should help you.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This suggestion works perfectly but beware of side effects.

Our users know it too much and set a delete date of 31.12.9999 which means that these spools are never deleted.

Therefore we had 10 years old spools and a huge TST03 table....

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree with Oliver. I faced a system stoppage due to an error in a SAP program with the spool dates: Note 1422843 - Wrong deletion date in spool request.

You should also bear in mind that there is a limit to the number of spools that can be created in the system: Note 48284.

Anyway, as I said before, you should evaluate another alternative to keep these spools in another location than the SAP system itself, for example save them in a special server/folder or send them by e-mail.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver !

I am setting the date for just one report and setting the Deletion date as 3 months from date of creation. Technically, the spool should get delete after 3 months rite ?

I have done the suggestion as per Arun and Diego, but spool still got deleted

please suggest...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yoga,

The best practice is save the spools in another location.

If you want to keep the spools in the system, then you should create two new variants for the program RSP01041

Variant A) Delete all spools different that the ones that you want to keep with the option "older than" 10 days

Variant B) Delete the other spool requests (the ones than you want to save) with the option "older than" 60-90 days.

Yo can simple create the variant and include or exclude values. For example for variant A you exclude all spools with title: "SPECIAL_SPOOL" and in variant B you include only the spools with title "SPECIAL_SPOOL"

And later you should replace the SAP standard job SAP_REORG_SPOOL with a new job, let's say: Z_REORG_SPOOL. This job will have two steps: RSP01041 (VARIANT A) and RSP01041 (VARIANT B).

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Diego, Arjun - Thank You sounds really good suggestions. I will try and let you know.

Thanks,

Yoga