cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

08 Inspection Type Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM gurus,

I have an issue with 08 Inspection Type.

Just a brief overview, our company is having a global presence with 100's of Plants on SAP. We recently have acquired a new company which was on SAP before.

They had QM and had 08 inspection type activated for all the materials. While creating Production Order if they find any component as defective they used to reverse the GI for that component and put it into unrestricted. These defective components were tthen ransferred from Unrestricted Stock to Quality Stock using MB1B transaction via 322 movement type.

They want to create an Inspection Lot only for 322 movement type with 08 Inspection Type. Since there was only one plant before they deactivated other Stock Transfer movement types and hence no issues.

In our company we cannot decativate other relevant stock transfer movement types since the settings are maintained at client and we are getting a push back from our management to do any changes in the existing movement types.

If I activate 08 inspection type then the system will create an Inspection Lot for all the Stock Transfer movement types which we do not want.

My requirement is we just want to activate 08 inspection type for 322 movement type without having an impact on other movement types.

Please advise.

Many Thanks,

Rakesh Wade.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

for you requirement, create and use Z- movement type insted of 322.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create Z movement type and ask them to use the same and also you can play around the new Z movement type.

Regards,

Mandar.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I think you can user exit QAAT0001 and establish your logic for checking the plant code (Whr 08 is not required for other movement types).

regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smruit,

Thanks for the reply. I am looking into it and will update you.

Regards,

Rakesh