cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase change from Created to Development without Release is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having two issues, in my ChaRM prototype, which I believe might be related.

(1) The DEVELOPER does not have the option to set a normal correction for a change request to status "In Development" when viewing the normal correction in transaction CRM_DNO_MONITOR. An error message, "No maintenance cycle is open for the current system" is displayed. My investigation of this message led to the discovery of this second issue.

(2) I am not able to change the phase of my project from Created to Development without Release.

My project checks out ok in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. I have an IMG Project created and distributed. ChaRM has been activated. A Task List has been created.

Questions:

- Can someone please help me with the above?

- Can I have multiple implementation projects open at the same time?

- Can these multiple implementation projects have the same logical component?

- Do I have to unlock certain tasks in the Task List?

- How do I know under which project a change request is created?

- Does anyone have a guide for using ChaRM? I am new to all of this and have found guides for ChaRM configuration, but not use.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shawn,

It sounds like you are configuring ChaRM in a 7.01 system - is that correct? If so it may be that when your Change Manager was approving the change he assigned a particular system as the iBase component. This system may not be the same system that you have assigned in your logical component of your project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. I would suggest reviewing the iBase component and remember to set the iBase component to be the production system where you want the transport to end up in.

- Can I have multiple implementation projects open at the same time?

Yes you can. You must then take into consideration things like object locking and leap frogging of object versions between different implementation projects.

- Can these multiple implementation projects have the same logical component?

Yes.

- Do I have to unlock certain tasks in the Task List?

Yes - in order to be able to execute these tasks they need to be unlocked. Obviously the task in there to import transport into QAS is important.

- How do I know under which project a change request is created?

I haven't got a 7.01 system to hand so I can't check this. I certainly know that if you go to the maintenance cycle transaction you can see all the change requests for the maintenance cycle by clicking on the further documents button.

- Does anyone have a guide for using ChaRM? I am new to all of this and have found guides for ChaRM configuration, but not use.

Not sure where to find what you're looking for here. Try .

Ciará

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ciarán.

We're running SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1. In my prototype environment MT2:403 is my production system; it is listed as such in my logical component for my system landscape, and has been entered as the IBase component in the CR.

I think the issue is related to not being able to change the project status from Created to Development without Release. I am not able to execute or unlock tasks (because the task plan is not released), and I am not able to release the project (message: Phase change from Created to Development without Release is not possible).

I'll keep investigating. I appreciate your replies to my questions. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update ...

I have figured out how to update the Status of the Project. I can even get the Normal Correction to the Status "In Development", but I do not have the Action "Create Transport Request". For this reason, I have change the Subject of this post.

In my change requests, I am still receiving the message "No maintenance cycle is open for the current system". I have three active Projects, two with the status "In Development w/o Release". How do I link a change request with a project?

I'm still unclear of how to know which tasks should be locked and unlocked.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am marking this question as answered and moving my second question from my previous post to a new thread.

Answers (0)