cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked tables (Synonyms) in Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019m building universe from the Oracle db (db1) which has a link to another Oracle db (db2). There are synonyms of db2 tables which we use in db1 views. I would like to access db2 tables directly, not via views. Those synonyms (tables) are shown in the Table browser, but they canu2019t be expanded to fields. Please advise how I can use those linked tables in Universe Design Tool?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the click is unresponsive/ not doing anything, then i suspect your db user has insufficient rights (i.e. try dbowner instead)

if you trace the client tool, then you would get more information in the logs as to the root cause.

please search www.service.sap.com/xsearch for 'how to trace Universe Designer XI3.1"

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry - thank you for the tip, I'll look up the trace tool.

BTW, we are on BI 4.0 SP2 and not XI 3.1, does that make any difference?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you should search for 'how to enable client tool trace bi 4.0' . FYI - it's activated using BO_trace.ini system environment variable on your Client OS

For what it is worth - the BI 4.0 product went General Availability with Patch2.5 so you MUST be using that as a minimum supported platform, and ideally, re-validating your issue on the latest available patch (2.11, 2.12 end of week)

Regards,

H