cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Syndication Map settings to delete field value in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I cannot find a way to include a field (with <NULL> value) in the syndicator output XML file.

We need this to be included in the file so field value in ECC will be deleted.

We are are using ABAP Proxy (not IDOC) when syndicating data from MDM to ECC.

The field i want to include in the XML file is GDS_Relevant field under E1MARAM segment.

This field has a look-up table which is Yes/No indicator and have no Key mapping.

Code, Description

x, yes

, no

The syndicator map settings has the GDS_Relevant field mapped to the code, and when the field in data manager is set to 'No' the file must include the field with the code value for No which is blank.

However, the field is missing in the XML file when the value is No (blank).

I have tried to do the following:

- add custom item for field GDS-Relevant code and set to preserve null values --> not working

- add <space> in the default text for the GDS-Relevant destination item --> cannot be saved

Currently, the GDS-Relevant destination item field is set to 'not required'

just want to check with you if ticking the checkbox Required' for this field will solve the issue.

Also, the field is not editable, and i have to request someone to update the xml schema, so i just want to check with you guys first.

Thanks!

Edited by: Mike Samonte on Feb 9, 2012 8:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mike,

check the XSD that is used to define the map. In the XSD you have the possibility to set the minoccurs of the the element to 1. Then the element itself is mandatory. Syndicator should now always create the element.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I cannot seem to find the minoccur in the xml schema.

can i instead change the below line?

From: <Item id="880" name="GDS_RELEVANT" output-type="XMLElement" />

To: <Item id="880" name="GDS_RELEVANT" output-type="XMLElement" required="true">

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Try sending "/" for Null.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

My intention is to send blank value for GDS_Relevant field so its value in ECC would be deleted.

'/' value will just be disregarded when sent to ECC.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Sorry to get it wrong,as suggested try making something like this

<xs:element name="note" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1"/>

Post this update the schema and check syndicated file.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

my next question is, will this output my requirements?

When field value = YES (X):

<GDS_RELEVANT>X<GDS_RELEVANT>

When field value = NO (Null):

<GDS_RELEVANT><GDS_RELEVANT>

Sorry but i have no idea how to update this line in the schema.

is this correct?

<xs:GDS_RELEVANT="note" type="xs:string" minOccurs="1"/>

and can this be inserted in any part of the schema?

Thanks!

Edited by: Mike Samonte on Feb 13, 2012 7:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You have several options for this:

1. Update the XSD to set the minoccurs for the attribute to 1, this will make sure that the attribute exists in the XML even when the value is null (means its blank)

2. Since you are integrating with ABAP Proxy, you are most probably using PI, you can set a mapWithDefault in PI message mapping. Even if MDM does not sends the attribute in XML, PI will send a blank for it to ABAP Proxy. Your PI consultant can easily do this.

3. In MDM Syndication map, you can set the property of each attribute. I believe there is a place where you can specify in the property to make that attribute mandatory.

You need to make sure that ABAP proxy has a logic built in which when reads a null (blank) value for the attributes, deletes the entry from ECC otherwise no matter what you send from MDM, ECC will not delete the data.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

After = sign it is "Elementname" so you should enetr GDS_RELEVANT here.

The rest is fine.You can update schema using a tool or even notepad.

Syndicator guide pg 21 onwards talks about further steps.

Also,check if setting Static Text =1 in destination items in Syndicator can help you as Aamir suggested.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for those who've helped!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

MDM syndicator will not generate blank tags, you will have to send dummy values from MDM, and in PI you may modify the message mapping for required values as per ECC, so the desired action is achieved.

Regards,

Abhishek