cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A filter value for Query is set with some value automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP sourcing Guru!

I created a query which has several filters.

Some of Filter's type is VLV.

When I preview the query somehow the filter values are already set with some value even though I did not set the default value.

For example, filter name is Region and there are four regions: Asia, NA, Europe, and SA.

I want to select one of them from drop-down menu. But Asia was already selected when I clicked the preview button for the query. I want to see "Please Select" instead of Asia from drop-down menu. I did not select "Prefill value from cache" for the filter. I made the filter Optional only. I did not set Default Value either for the filter.

Any clues?

Thank you for your response in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Default value field of the filter prompts, you need to mention the Class Reference ID of the corresponding field. E.g., if you have Contract document phase as a filter, then in that if you want to display a blank or none value, then you should use null:2016.

Similarly for vlv type, the system has a value 616. Hence if you want to display a None value insteead of Asia, use the following in the Default value field:

0:616:null.

The way to find the class reference ID is to goto the RG > Class Reference > Look for the field that you are attempting to default on.

Hope this helps,

Vikram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram!

It worked as I followed your answer.

Thank you for your time.

Have a nice weekend.