cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - Too much space between words

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm working with Smartforms and some of the texts I'm working with, have to be translated, to do so, I created some Text Modules (Via SMARTFORMS transaction).

The problem I'm facing, is when I display the preview of the Smartform, The preview shows all the texts with a space too wide between the words.

I've got a Style created for this smartform, But I didn't do anything odd for this to happen, I've got a paragraph style, which aligns the text to the left, and a character style, which makes it bold...

Does anyone had this problem?

Here's a screenshot of what's happening.

http://i39.tinypic.com/34rw39s.jpg

If you take a look at "Personas iniciadas" or "Texto breve de la orden" or "Clase de orden", you'll be able to see what I mean

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Edited by: fabian gomez on Feb 9, 2012 7:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks Przemyslaw Prominski, gop4sap11, srihari.kumar, Aidan Black, lingaraj.ad and Sridhar Vukanti for the answers you've given me.

Second, sorry about the delay in my answer...

And third, the issue in this case, as Aidan Black pointed, seems to be the version of SAPGUI, because the printer output seems to be fine.

The user didn't say anything about it... at least for now

Regards, and thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

Tell me whether ur passing the word in variable or workarea.so if u are using any of the specified for storing the word.

First initially copy in the new varaible and condense it.after that again copy in the other varaible or into the workarea.

v_1 = &word&

v_2 = condense(v_1)

v_3 = v_2. iiily for WA if u use.

regards.

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when writing text into text element that should not be written between &field-name& ,,,,probably where you getting problem is your writing text in initial white screen that appear when you want to write the text,,,,,,open text editot(not in begin screen) then write the text,,,,,then paragraph format will work properly.

Thanks......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fabian,

Create your own style in the SMARTFORMS there you can design font style alignment you want and size everything as your wish then use it in the smartform Create Text and Output option and Call the style which you and change in the Editor

Edited by: gop4sap11 on Feb 10, 2012 5:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

check paragraph format - it looks like alignment set to BLOCK.

Regards,

--

Przemysław

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Przemyslaw Prominski, I also thought that was the problem, but no, it's set to left align

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

did You also check the translation?

In translation You can change paragraph format

(i.e. SmartForm contains L1, but translation C2).

Regards,

--

Przemysław

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Przemyslaw Prominski, I didn't do any translation yet

I've been searching and I found that sometimes the preview of the form, differs from the printer output..

Here's what I've found:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1954709

Perhaps this is happening to my form.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

Have you tried using the some Text formatting options available in Smart Forms.

&symbol(C)& Compress Spaces

There are few options like this just check this and see if its working.

This is the link there you can find other options too, [Smart forms FAQ|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/SmartFormsFAQ].

I think this will solve your problem if you have any issues please revert back to me i will help you.

Thank,

Sri Hari

aidan_black
Active Contributor

Hi,

In recent SAPGUI versions due to necesary changes, there are some problems with the spacings in the print preview for Sapscript and smartforms. As a solution you can use the PDF Previewer as described in the followinf SAP notes:

1562096 - Smart Forms PDF Print Preview

1552498 - PDF Previewer

1626370 - Smart Forms: PDF Previewer

Regards,

Aidan