cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Activating Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having trouble actiavting a very big smartform.It takes about 10-15 mins to activate.

I did a syntax check and everything worked out find but when I activate it I get a message "Error when generating form ZMM_INV(2) ".

The smart form name is ZMM_INV.

I tracked the acitvation message to Include LSTXBF07, Message No 81, Message Class - SMARTFORMS.I tried understanding the root cause of this.Am not sure if this is because of the complexity of the smartform.The FM linked toform has already reached 50K+ lines.

Any help is appretiated.

Thanks,

Chirantan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Error when generating form ZMM_INV(2) "

Try keeping break point at include "LSTXBF01" Line No := 435 and Line No := 3999 and activate the smart form. Now check what is the reason for return error code "2".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

The best way to handle this is create a driver program for the form,

Handle all the code over there in print program.

Try to reduce the number of selects,

Try to reduce the loops.

Try all ways of reducing the code use sub routines for reducing the code.

You can find many performance techniques in web one of them is <link to blocked site removed by moderator>

Try all this and let us know what you are facing. Because if it takes 15 min for running in Development system then just think in production system. The error might be because of this only just check all these.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Feb 10, 2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

50k Line is not a issue first of all it should not take 15 minutes to activate so sure there is some problem in the smartform have you checked the syntax, and also mostly use program instead of writing code in smartform and export the fields to display in the smartform and the call them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirantan,

move some ABAP code to print program, function modules or subroutines in new program.

Regards,

--

Przemysław Promiński