cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidence needed forI SAP BI/BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m undergoing training for sap bi in a training center,with real time faculty. I m going to put 3yrs fake experience in SAP BI 7.0 . My questions are

1. Does SAP BW/BI 7.0 has good openings ?

2. What are all the topics which i should be strong before attending the interview ?

3. What type of projects shall i use . Eg, 2 implementation, one support or 3 implementation or 2 support one implementation.

because some says if u put support u will be getting tough questions ,and some says if u put implementation u will get tough questions.so what kinda project should i put ?

4. Should i have to do BO also ?

5. i have some 1000 questions related to interview in sap bi.will that be enuf to prepare?

6. Is there any true consultancy which does placement services regarding this ?

7. I welcome whatever guidance u all can give/guide me regarding my career to put myself in SAP .

8. is there any place where i can do real time live project ,even i m ready to work without salary to get real experience.

also but last

8. doing sap bi certification , is it worth ?

If u need more info pls do ask . My questions may seem to be silly for u . But just think its a guy's life. Thank u all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to u Mr. Ethan, for spending your valuable time & energy to reply me . I m ready go in as a fresher ,but no recruitment for BI as a fresher. you have adviced me to apply jobs for SIs, i m ready to do that .can u pls tell me what SIs means ? . is it sap institutions ? . once again thank u .

Also to mr.firefighter,

I dont know what to do or i m confused wether i m in the right track or not. Thats why i posted this thread. Peoples do make mistakes ,but i havent done anything like that yet. And thats why i have asked guidance or advice in this forum,so that best of sap peoples can tell me real suggestion. This is no intention to mock the forum ,if i have irritated anyone pls do apologize me. Thank u .

Additional Info : I m not posting this from that center . This is a internet cafe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i have irritated anyone pls do apologize me. Thank u .

Dreadfully sorry you irritated us.

Rob

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll take a chance you are trying to be serious. You did irritate folks here. Inflated CV's and imposter's are a real concern and problem in the SAP world. There isn't anyone who has been on more than two or more projects that hasn't run into 'consultants' who were obviously in way over their heads. Many of us come along later in a second phase of a project and have to suffer with poor decisions made early on that affect integration between modules or limit functionality within a module.

Be honest. It pays off in the end. If you got your training you'll eventually find something. Plan on starting out at the bottom. Then you aren't ever disappointed. Pay your dues. Not fun but you'll sleep at night. Plan on switching companies often. Usually it'll be the only way to move up. Make companies earn your loyalty.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr.Firefighter.Then i will finish the certification exam conducted by SAP,so that it would be an added advantage for me to get in as a fresher. Thank you once again, I will do it by the honest way. I m already practicing BI till 2 am nite.

could any one tell me what mr.ethan has told : --> Apply for jobs with SIs . whats that SIs

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This thread is just what I needed to cheer up on a hated Monday morning

could any one tell me what mr.ethan has told : --> Apply for jobs with SIs . whats that SIs

Could probably mean System Integration since he used the abbreviation whilst talking about using your theoretical knowledge in practice.

Cheers

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, or rather "Systems Integrators". The big ones are IBM, HP, Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, etc. More and more the ranks include Infosys, Wipro, HCL and the like, which started out as pure outsourcers but are increasingly taking on the more traditional systems integrator role of business process modeling and project management. I just meant that the OP should look to find an entry-level job with a consulting or system integrator firm where he/she (apt, I guess, since his/her name is Jack and Jill) can get experience on projects.

Cheers,

Ethan

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please tell me you are a troll just tryimg to get a rise from folks here? Or that you meant this as a sarcastic posting lampooning the bevy of inflated resumes and underqualified people passing themselves off as 'senior level"?

I mean you really can't be that stupid to think that anyone here would help you with falsifying your resume or assist you with lying to potential clients. Can you? That makes all consultants look bad and makes it harder for the real folks out there. If you get hired, it makes your project more difficult for all the other team members and puts the project at risk. Every project that fails or has problems makes it harder to sell more SAP.

I suspect the Mods will be sending you a warning e-mail and possibly deactivating your account any minute now.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't speak for all, but the mods I know have their popcorn ready and are squabbling over the best seats...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wondering if they have those IP trackers and can track the post back to an SAP training center!?

He said he's currently in a BI class.

FF

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two things you should probably not do if you want to get help from experienced SAP professionals on these forums:

1. Cross-post the same question multiple times (especially in unrelated forums - [http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2134822])

2. Talk brazenly about lying on your resume/CV.

My advice: Be honest about your training and lack of experience. Apply for jobs with SIs and consulting companies where you can gain real experience, using your training as evidence of your commitment to the field. DO NOT LIE about your experience. Competent people will sniff out your lies in minutes and you will be stuck working with the incompetent and untrustworthy. This is not a good way to build a career.