cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users in MDM_SRM_UI_App

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SRM-MDM-Catalog version 2.0. I have used MDM_SRM_UI_App in the past to configure our Catalog fields, displays, etc.

My issue now is that we created a new user in the catalog repository, and this user is being used in the SRM/portal call to the catalog. I want to be able to create a customized Display for the new user. The new user does not show up in the User drop down in MDM_SRM_UI_App User-Specific Configuration.

Is there configuration to make new users available to receive User-Specific Configuration?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Please go through this helpful document for the user configurations :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b083e743-023f-2d10-d4ad-b6542e6225be

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have come to realize that it is only the users with the standard "Catalog User" role that appear in MDM_SRM_UI_App for configuration. I have the users I want to see using a custom role (copy of Catalog User with Named Searches set). I am not seeing anything in the Console's Role Detail/Functions area for this.

Maybe its just a requirement to use "Catalog User" role???

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keith,

You got it right. You can configure search UI only for those MDM users who have "Catalog user" role assigned to them. That is the reason why we do not use custom Role for Catalog user in SRM-MDM Catalog. Also we prefer to set named searches/Mask in the webservice definition of SRM system, instead of Setting them in MDM Console..

Regards,

Shiv