Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control issue

s_raghavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have come across a issue with Availability control. Your suggestion will be of great help.

Our setting is simple.

We have only overall Budget. There is no Release. Neither we have Annual Budget control.

The system will check with Budget only for Service Items at the time of Purchase order/Requisition . For Materials that are inventoried, system will check for Budget availability when the Goods are issued against the network and Activity.

It implies that the Commitment occurs(Report s_alr_87013558) only for the service items/orders.

My client has raised an issue that Budget exceed error has occurred when making service PO. When I checked the report the following things were identified:( the following is a sample)

1. Budget is for Rs.1,00,000

2. Commitment is Rs.70,000

3. Actuals is for Rs.40,000

4. Remaining order plan is for Rs.6,000.

5. Assigned is for Rs.1,16,000(i.e., 70000400006000)

I wonder how the system did not check with the Budget when the the Budgets crossed 1,00,000. And why the system is showing error message now?

That too even if I make a service PO for 1 Re., system throws error that Budget is exceeded for Rs.1400.

Please provide your valuable suggestion.

Raghav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether the Availability control is active for that project.

also check whether stastical cost element is created

Investment Management --Projects as Investment Measures --> Planning and Budgeting >Statistical Budget Monitoring>Create Statistical Cost Elements

s_raghavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The Availability control is active for the Project. Now my issue is that the Budget was not checked for some of the PO or PR.But that value is accumulated in the Commitment/Assigned value. Without the presence of Cost elements the system will not add up those value in the Commitment/Assigned value. The system has accumulated that value and instead of throwing up error at that point,system throws up the error when creating some other PO for an accumulated value. How to know when did did system not work(i.e., Availability Control).

Thanks,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in budget Tolerance limits for actuals and cost elements excemption for budget.

with regards

M Umapathy

s_raghavan
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked the Tolerance limits. It is set for All activity groups with warning message for 90% of Budget and Error Message for 100% of Budget.

When it comes to exempt cost elements, there is one cost element that is exempted.

I would like to point out a thing now:

1. Few of the POs were made referring that cost element at the initial stage before exempting the Cost Element from Budget Check

2. Now, whether the Purchase Orders that were made referring that Cost Element will constitute part of the Commitment value or not?

3. Will running the T code CJEN be of any help?

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghav

Re run CJBN : Reconstruct Availability control for the budget profile assigned to the project (check the relevant budget profile assigned in the project profile of the project).

Then running CJEN will be of definite help...

Hope this answers your question

Regards

Kaashif M

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Raghavan,

Ms. Sara Gil had posted this few times. Please see below link for her explanation and see if it helps.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2130184&tstart=0

-thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragahvan

You said that

1. Few of the POs were made referring that cost element at the initial stage before exempting the Cost Element from Budget Check

I think you used the CJBN / CJBW after excempting Cost elements. If that cost element exists under that old purchase orders it will not check the budget.

Hence check the complete information of AVAC analysis in CJ31 ( Extras - Availability control -Analysis).

with regards

M Umapathy

Edited by: Maripalli Umapathy on Feb 14, 2012 8:33 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

s_raghavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member384980
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, in OPS9 go to the Budget profile you are useing and check the activation type is 1, in Budget control or not.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please check if there is difference in your net value of PO and that during GR.

eg. PO is 50000 and at GR it was 60, 000 for same Quantity. This may happen if Currency Conversion factor takes place at the time of GR.

Regards,

Nitin