cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from CCMS agents to SAP NetWeaver management agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using our Solution Manager as CEN and have all our SAP systems connected to this CEN.

We are currently using CCMS agents, but it should be possible to replace all this with SAP NetWeaver management agents. We are also doing some logfile monitoring with the CCMS agents (Oracle alert log file is monitored for specific ORA alerts and we also monitor some of the java logs).

Is it possible to completely remove the CCMS agents and do all monitoring (including the logfile monitoring) with SAP NetWeaver management agents? Where can I find information that explains me how I can move from CCMS agents to SAP NetWeaver management agents?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restrictions

You still require the classic CCMS agents in the following cases:

You want to monitor any systems with a central monitoring system (CEN) with a release up to SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

Note that the architecture of the CCMS agents was significantly developed as of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP2. The ABAP and Java stacks now share the same monitoring segment. This means, among other things, that with a CEN with a release status of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and a monitored dual-stack system with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP2, you no longer require a CCMS agent SAPCCMSR u2013j2ee. Therefore, for dual-stack systems of this type as of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP2, install only the CCMS agent SAPCCM4X. However, this is mandatory, not optional.

● You want to monitor a system with a release up to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP1. In this case, irrespective of the release of the CEN, you require the classic CCMS agents for this monitored system.

Source: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/44/86b14bcc8812d2e10000000a422035/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a little confusing.

My CEN is a Solution Manager which is at with a release as of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP 1. Most of the other systems are already at Ehp 2 or higher. Some of them are Portals (java only).

So I thought that I donu2019t need the CCMS agents. If I deregister the agents, how do I then register the systems again (and use the new Netweaver agents)?

How can I do logfile monitoring if my systems is at EhP 2 or higher? Can I do this without the use of an CCMS agent?