cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Create Vendor Through PRAA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to convert employee into vendor through PRAA program. It seems the background program is not running. So it would be great if any one can tell me exactly step by step how to run this program and how to check its result. Also pls share whats the best practise of running this program in production.

Thank you,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Program RPRAPA00 (PRAA) creates a sequential work file in the specified directory.

Ensure that you use a global directory that can be accessed by all application servers; a directory is automatically proposed.

The work file is later create a session with the subsequent program RFBIKR00, which is started automatically.

You need to give the file deirectory name in PRAA selection.

Activate: update run, run as backround job, give name for job and session.

Give valid user id and client number.

When you run PRAA it will pop up message that session is created.

If you have any employee that newly created, then only it will create a session.

If you want to run completely this as background job, you need to create job for RPRAPA00 and RSBDCSUB (for session) with above selection parameters.

Regards

SM

0 Kudos

Hello Shanid,

I have done exactly what you have suggested above. I have a job scheduled on a daily basis that process the sessions created by PRAA. The transaction generates the batch input correctly, then i process the work file in background in SM35. The session ends successfully but no updates where made in the vendor master. I run tcode XK02 and don´t find the updated information there.

When i explicitly update a vendor through PRAA it is updated successfully. Changes are reflected in XK02 / XK03. But when done via a batch job changes are not reflected.

Do you have any idea as to what can be the possible cause for not updating the vendors despite everything executing successfully? Please your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Deepali Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepali,

have you run this the report RPRAPA00 first in "Initial set up" mode?

Please check docu from report in SE38 - and follow all instructions and delete all vendors which you have initially created.

Best regards,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Hello Sigi,

Thank you for a prompt response.

The vendors are already created. Therefore, i am executing PRAA in update mode instead of Initial setup mode. The process that i follow is as follows.

First RPRAPA00 creates only the workfile.(as a background job) When this is finished, RFBIKR00 (also as background job)  takes this file and creates the batch input session out of it and this is finished, the last report comes to process the created session. The same user starts both jobs.

When i explicitly update a vendor through PRAA it is updated successfully. Changes are reflected in XK02 / XK03. But when done via a batch job changes are not reflected despite no errors in job and sessions.

Please your inputs on this.

Regards,

Deepali Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - again: you say "the vendors are already created" - take care that you have created ist also via RPRAPA00!

Secondly have you run the batch map in single mode (on screen step by step)?

What happens?

0 Kudos

Hello Sigi,

By the second point "Secondly have you run the batch map in single mode (on screen step by step)?

What happens?" do you mean processing the session in foreground mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

0 Kudos

Hello Sigi,

I processed the sessions in foreground mode and to my surprise the vendors were updated successfully. For some transactions in the session there were data issues so they were not updated. Rest got updated.

Please your inputs on this behavior. Still looking for a reason as to why vendors are not updated in Background mode.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepali,

you have to check one by one your "data issues". Welcome to the real world 😉

Sometimes you have to find a lot a root causes in there.

At the end you need a monitoring for your update mechanisms - to check details of failed updates.

After a while this should come to 0 errors.

Hope that helps. Please let me now the "data issues" if you need help.

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best practice in production system would be scheduling it as a batch job and supplying the change file in application directory.

regards,

GK