cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ITS mobile on Intermec CK71 Screens sizes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.As of the problem we are using the Intermec CK 71 device with the Intermec browser . The problem is the custom screen sizes are not fitting to the screen exactly. An empty space is taken as many characters and the layout of the screens changes on the RF device. What is the solutions that you have done to overcome this.? Include an SAP note or change some thing in the HTML templates . Please do reply ..Thanks all of you...

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What Mobile Generation Style was used?

[Getting to know ITSmobile by Checking out the Internet Services|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/FxMMDg ]

What transaction is being called?

Can you get a view source of the screen when calling via a desktop browser and paste into the reply here?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Generating style is for Mobile Devices. The transaction called is our custom transaction and the custom screens. Yes I can get the view source of the screen at the gun and at the desktop level.I even tried to paste a photo shot of the screen but does not allow me to do that.

Regards

RV

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RV,

Paste the relevant source code section into this thread using the "" markup.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I am implementing the SAP note 1316326 to see if it works. .Pls do send a email so that I can send the code as I am not able to paste it here. I will send the HTML code for a custom screen.

Thanks and Regards

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am implementing the SAP note 1316326 and it gives an error for generating templates and goes to dump. The following error message is given in Dump. Pls do see into it.

Short text

Syntax error in program "CL_ITS_GENERATE_HTML_MOBILE===CP ".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

It looks like I am generating the templates in generating style for mobile devices and not for Mobile devices(without HTML templates) as I do not have that option in my system. Do you think that should a problem in any case?

Regards

RV

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RV,

For generating Mobile devices(without HTML templates) you would need to have service: ITSGENMOBILE4 published.

See the WIKI: [Getting to know ITSmobile by Checking out the Internet Services |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/FxMMDg ]

See also: [Features and Improvements |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/Pek ]

Section: DYNPRO_COMPRESSION

What BASIS Support Package are you using?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Following are the basis support package I am using.

Release : 700 ; Package: SAPKB70014

Regards

RV

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RV,

You wont be able to use MOBILE4, need to be on at least SAPKB70019 to apply note correction from 1316326 (or else be on SAPKB70020 )

Same goes for the paramter DYNPRO_COMPRESSION, only available with MOBILE4

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Thanks for the input. Is there any way to correct this issue by implementing dependent notes or anything related to that.

Regards

RV

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear RV,

Don't believe so - the template and the screen sizes specified would have to be looked at this stage.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Thank you so much for the input. But is it a possible solution where I can ask for an upgrade to Package SAPKB70020 ..?. Is there any code where I can keep manually after the generated HTML code so as to rectify the problem without the possible fix to the Installation of the OSS Notes.

Regards

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin

"You wont be able to use MOBILE4, need to be on at least SAPKB70019 to apply note correction from 1316326 (or else be on SAPKB70020 )"

For the above we are in release Release : 700 , So if I am right I just need to increase from SAPKB70014 to SAPKB70020

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"

So if I am right I just need to increase from SAPKB70014 to SAPKB70020

"

Yes this is correct if you want to use ITSMOBILE4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin

Thank you so much for all the valuable input. I figured out another way and need to see if it work out. I have a sandbox in our system that is at SAPKB70106 package and component 701 and it is not connected with the Dev system. What I trying to do is to replicate the whole process in that system and copy our programs in that system also creating a new service and create the templates there.

Now my question is if we just generate the template there( in sandbox) and copy it in our older system(current Dev system) in the generated template area and publish.I do not know whether this approach will do it as the matter is I am just altering and modifying just at the template level. I want to know whether it will work out that way,

Regards

RV

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RV,

I cannot say if it will work but it is worth a try though.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Replicated the whole process and copied the template into the older system generated from the other system in newer component.. It did not work out and still giving the errors and going to short dump. I am still looking for a fix and Please do suggest me further. Thanks

Regards

RV

Answers (0)