cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check for duplicate BP when registering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

for those of you who have implemented ROS scenario, can you please help me!

currently I've been asked by the client the following thing:

When a potential supplier fill's in all the necessary info on the ROS page, after presing the SEND button, my client want's me to check if this supplier already exists in our system as a BP.

Is it already some standard service for this or something?

I am very new to SRM and I would appreciate any help?

Thank you!

Catalin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin,

This is not standard.

You will have to develop a custom check. Please ask your ABAPer to check the name of registering supplier in table BUT000-Name-Org1/Org2. If entry in this field exists, then the registering supplier already exists.

However please note that you may have an entry 'ABC Services' and registering supplier may be 'ABC Services Ltd'. So even though both suppliers are the same, you won't be able to prevent duplication in such a scenario. (You can ask your ABAPer to do a string comparison in this case )

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

10x for your respone!

We are using the WebDynpro component for ROS application, and now I am trying to figure out how to acces the info which a suppliers fills in, in order to compare it with the records in tabel BUT000.

the client asked me to have this duplicate check by the DUNNS number, which the supplier fills in at registration.

so now i can figure out how to access this dunns number and to check it with the one in BUT000.

do you have any ideea?

best regards,

Catalin

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope DUNNS number filed is available in BUT000. If not then you have to create zfiled in BUT000 table or create new zTable at all. It is the standard way to go for it.

You need to consult with ABAP con for this.

Regards,

yaniVy

rewards if helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes the DUNS number exists in tabel BUT000. But my problem is who can i access directly this field it is written in the tabel but000 so that i can check if it exists already there. I know that it is ABAP sutff but will have to deal with it.

so if you have any ideas how to develop this check please let me know!

thank you!

Catalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a Z table for storing all the fields that are present in the registration form. This will also have the DUNS field. You can then compare this DUNS field with the DUNS field in table BUT000.

Hope this helps,

Nikhil