Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Confirmation Idoc

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that during the goods confirmation process the idocs are created. well i'm aware of the ale configs but my question here is how there idocs are created and which is the process that initiates this...bascially i wish to extend the GR idoc in SRM with added segments but need to know where i got to write the code for the extended segments. this process of idoc created is seen during the call of the work flow WS10400010 but looking into this workflow i cannot see any steps that handle the idoc creation....

nb: my confirmation process happens without an approval step in between.

any thoughts on how to check the process that creates this idoc for confirmation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GR IDoc creation happens from a disptacher function in SRM. This depends on your ERP Version. Go to table BBP_FUNCTION_MAP and search the function by giving object BUS2017 and method 'CreateFromData' and your ERP release e.g ERP_5.0.

This is the function which sends the data to backend B45A_GOODSMVT_CREATE. and this FM creates the ALE IDoc BBP_ALE_GOODSMVT_CREATE.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks surrender. I looked for BUS2017 in business repository but seems there no entry in it...what is the purpose of the business object and is it called by the Work flow trigger? Would like to understand more on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not an SRM Business object. It is a backend business object. There is no connection of workflow here. once the document is approved. during save it will call this program.

Pls. close this thread if you have got your answer. Thanks.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not yet still looking on it....thru which trnasction i can check the attributes of BUS2017? SWO1 doesnt help in SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

As mentioned it is not a SRM Business object. Go to your backend system which is ECC / R/3- and go to SW01. You can see the business object BUS2017 there.

But as per your initial requirement you wanted to know from where the IDoc in SRM gets triggred and I have mentioned you the correct function names. I hope that helps.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think it may not be a solution...sorry to disagree. when an GR is confirmed there is an outbound idoc created in SRM which is viewable in WE02/05. If that is the case i think there shud be a process that creates an outbound idoc in SRM. Bascailly i am looking into the process that create the outbound idoc in srm and not much concerned abt the idoc that is created in ECC. Also the business object that was pointed out is not viewable in ECC 6.0 SWO1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, you are saying BUS2017 is not available in ECC 6.0 ... BUS2017 is a Goods movement business object. I hope you have not checked it properly. It is available from ERP Release 3.0 onwards.

Secondly, All the Documents in SRM in Extended classic scenario which are replicated to Backend(SAP, Non-SAP) are send through some dispatcher function.

Modes of Communication to backend can be different like RFC, IDoc, XML Etc.

In your case, i.e. Confirmation It is an Idoc from SRM which is send to ECC to post GR in ECC. And the function which does that is B45A_GOODSMVT_CREATE and main function module to create Idoc in SRM is BBP_ALE_GOODSMVT_CREATE. This is called in Background. Once the confirmation is posted sucessfully/Approved..

If you want to see more in details, put an endless loop in some enhancement may be BADI BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE or create an implicit enhancement in the above function module and debug it. Got to SM50 to debug that.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi surender,

this is not an work of an dispatcher....infact once the GR is triggered a workflow is called which creates the GR Idoc. I figured it out when looking into the WF log but just found time to update the thread. anyways ur inputs did help to track this issue and if i want to add any custom fields to my idoc then its goes with a major changes to the wf customization, creating new message types etc so for this i had taken a different approach which is working fine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDOCS are created based on the messages you have defined under WE20. Please check if you have created messages for MBGMCR (Confirmation)?

Regards,

Nikhil