cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD & inbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding the Inbound delivery and POD.

Actually my client doesnt want Inbound delivery to be created once the ASN is created by Supplier.

The Goods Receipt will be done without reference to Inbound delivery .

where as i need to maintain POD due the the below reason :

"When the supplier creates ASNs on the SAP ICH, these ASNs are considered as quantity in transit. When these quantities have been posted to stock, the backend system must send goods receipt information to the SAP ICH to delete the ASNs accordingly, otherwise these quantities would be used twice in the projected stock calculation. In the SMI scenario, goods receipt information is generated using the proof of delivery (POD) function. To create messages of the type Proof of delivery and send them out via EDI automatically, you have to define output message records, which can be further processed as IDoc messages."

Is it possible that i create a condition recordsfor OPOD output type and the POD will be sent to SNC?

What are the settings in ECC that i need to take care of so that the inbound delivery is not generated when the ASN is sent to ECC from SNC ?

Thanks and Regards

shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh

You can send change PO to SNC after GR is done (without ASN/Inbound delivery) using transaction code:MIGO.

To automate triggering of the PO change to SNC after MIGO is done you need to implement BADI "MB_MIGO_BADI".

In SNC for updating PO GR status you need to maintain below validation settings:

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_ASNGRQUAN Inactive

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_ASNQUAN Inactive

PO_OPENQUAN_FROM_POGRQUAN Active

See the SAP note 865778

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil

If i create a GR from MIGO w.r.t Inbound delivery is the same SAP note 865778 applicable for sending the POD from ECC to SNC.

Or is this note relevant only for GR w.r.t PO only

Regard

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh

If you are using T code MIGO to post GR against inbound delivery (created by ASN from SNC) then you should use report RSMIPROACT2  which will send the XML of type ReceivedDeliveryNotification to SNC and will updated the ASN status as Goods Receipt Completed.

More details of this process can be found on below help link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/a3/ada82cc7b84058a7f5043dae508efe/content.htm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Inbound delivery creation can be easily controlled in the SPRO set up of SNC.

Go to SPRO-IMG- SNC-Basic Settings-Process types for outbound messages-Assign sender dependent process types

Delete all the vendor codes which are maintained here.You can also have a mix scenario i.e.For some suppliers you may need inbound delivery and for others you may not need it.Above set up can be used to control it.

Regards

Vivek J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks a Lot for the information.

Can we do any setting in ECC

In ECC i have done customization -SAP IMG - Materials Management - Purchasing - Confirmations - Set Up Confirmation Control

I have created ZSNC as confirmation control key and the Checkbox Create Inbound delivery has been Unchecked.

Apart from that do i need to do any setting in ECC or the Settings suggested by you in SNC will be enough.

Regards

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh

Go to path in ECC. SAP IMG - Materials Management - Purchasing - Confirmations > Define nternal conf. catagories.

Here while assigning external confirmation catagory to internal confirmation remove the delivery type. Normallly it is maintained it as NL because of which inbound delivery gets created when ASN arrives in ECC.

Thanks

pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i have mentioned in my query :

"When the supplier creates ASNs on the SAP ICH, these ASNs are considered as quantity in transit. When these quantities have been posted to stock, the backend system must send goods receipt information to the SAP ICH to delete the ASNs accordingly, otherwise these quantities would be used twice in the projected stock calculation. In the SMI scenario, goods receipt information is generated using the proof of delivery (POD) function. To create messages of the type Proof of delivery and send them out via EDI automatically, you have to define output message records, which can be further processed as IDoc messages."

If i do the setting mentioned by you then no inbound delivery will be generated for that PO.

whereas The system can only send a proof of delivery if the confirmation category "inbound delivery" (internal confirmation category 2) has been assigned to confirmation control key ZSNC and the goods receipt was entered with reference to an inbound delivery.

Can you please let me know how to tackle this because if i dont use inbound delivery for Goods receipt then POD will not be sent to SNC.

Regards

shailesh