Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hold/Block the messages in PI for particular system

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the way of holding/blocking the message in PI for particular system. For other system message flow should happpened normally. My Scenario is,

R3->PI->SRM. For connection between PI and SRM we are using proxy. We are going to upgrade our SRM system. During that time there should not be any message flow to SRM. All the message needs to be blocked in PI. Once the upgrade over, we will restart all the messages.

There are lot more system connected to PI. There should not be any interupt on that, message flow should happned normally for other system except SRM. Only the message going to SRM should be blocked.

I found one way, by locking the user which used in communication channel for SRM system. So all the message will be failed in PI with Authentication error. After upgrade we can restart the message.

Is there any other standard way to hold/block the messages which are going to particular system??

Regards

Baskaran K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can also do the following:

1.) Do not enter any Receiver in Receiver Determination or make the condition fail such that no receivers will be found

2.) Under the No Receiver Found behavior choose Ignore.

This way, once there are no receivers, the error messages will not be persisted and processing would stop.

Other ways include inducing an error but this could add an additional burden to your system

Hope this helps,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Feb 9, 2012 12:21 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I found one way, by locking the user which used in communication channel for SRM system. So all the message will be failed in PI with Authentication error. After upgrade we can restart the message.

By locking user or giving wrong password to RFC destination in PI or by giving wrong business system in Receiver determination we can stop the messages in PI. But those failes messages are available for only few days in SXMB_MONI based on the BASIS settings.

But I don't think this is the best way, we have other alternative is we can save those files in one folder, after upgrade by using some other scenario we can process the files.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your response. You mean to save the XML message in system by using receiver file adapter and after upgrade we can reprocess same by another sender file adapter.

Regards

Baskaran K

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

You can deactivate the Communication Channels (Adapter Status = Inactive in the Advanced tab) for that particular system in Integration Directory.

Hope this helps,

Greg

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Greg,

I could not find the option to deactivate the channel with adapter type XI. For other adapter its there.

Regards

Baskaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I could not find the option to deactivate the channel with adapter type XI. For other adapter its there.

You are using Proxy so this is not applicable so you can use the other options like RFC Destination password set (wrong pwd set), or By giving wrong receiver business system/service(non existing) or by creating another scenario to archive the msgs later by using another scenario we can re-process those msgs.

> Thanks for your response. You mean to save the XML message in system by using receiver file adapter and after upgrade we can reprocess same by another sender file adapter.

Yes.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh