cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger - AS2 Certification Public Key Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm not sure if what doing right now after deploying all necessary components for AS2Adapter and BIC adapter is that I can generate an AS2 Certificate from NWA. I just want a guideline on how do AS2 Private Key and Public Key being generated.

I have created an AS2PrivateKey in Keystore. Then it created a public key most likely will be sent to a partner.

Let me know if I'm doing the right thing.

Cheers,

R-jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

R-Jay, it works like this.

You generate the certificate at your end in NWA (as you already did). Now this certificate can be self signed or you can generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) based on this certificate. This CSR is sent to certification authority like Verisign. They then provide the certificate which you should share with your partners. If it is only a test, you can skip all this and send the public certificate to partners directly. I am a bit skeptic about this line

"I have created an AS2PrivateKey in Keystore. Then it created a public key "

Both the certificates are created at the same time when you tick option "Store certificate" while creating the certificate.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek. Now its more clear from my end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever we are generating the certificate from NWA that is temparary one (validity may be one month), generally we don't use this certificates. We can buy the certificate from vendors and that certificate is authorised by some certificate authorities like verizon.....

When we buy the certificate then they provide both public and private certificates.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkata Ramesh,

So you mean to say that the certificate I have created can be considered as the AS2Cert (temporary)? Purpose on generating the certificate is to simulate it with the use AS2 Adapter. For demo and POCs purpose only.

Regards,

R-jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

> So you mean to say that the certificate I have created can be considered as the AS2Cert (temporary)? Purpose on generating the certificate is to simulate it with the use AS2 Adapter. For demo and POCs purpose only.

Yes.