cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI interface SAP R/3 - XI SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gents,

Im trying to create an interface from R/3 via XI back to the same R/3 system. In this interface i'm converting IDoc with message type SHPORD to message type DESADV.

The IDoc is leaving the R/3 system with the following partner profile parameters:

Partner type: KU

Partner function: WE

The IDoc should be returned with the following partner profile parameters:

partner type: LI

Partner function: LF

I have completed the design fase (Interface - and Message mapping) and also the R/3 parameters are set.

The problem for me is that i can't find any example how to set up this kind of interface. I hope some of you have already dealt with this kind of interface.

Any help is welcome!!

Kind regards,

Peter Boertien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

what do you mean set up this interface?

it's a standard IDOC to IDOC with party

(to handle KU and LI)

have a look at the XI/PI FAQ (documents section)

to find IDOC related weblogs

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thanks for your reply, your blogs are very helpful for me. The problem is that i can't find a weblog where the communication is with the same R/3 system. I have not worked a lot with parties, so the real question is do you know a weblog where it is explained clearly where i have to put the ALE#KU setting and where i have to put the ALE#LI setting. I saw some weblogs, but for me it's confusing because i have the same R/3 system (and then also 1 party?).

Kind regards,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter, have you import the IDoc into Integration Repository?

The steps in configuration stage is the same as the usual, create communication channel, receiver determination, interface determination, etc...

So, can you tell us what exactly your question is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YiNing,

the problem is that im confused where to place the ALE#KU setting and where the ALE#LI setting. Do i have to create 1 party, or two if i have the same source and target system?

Kind regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I think that this explanation from the XI documentation is aplicable in your situation:

+
Alternative Identifiers for Communication Using the IDoc Adapter

If the IDoc adapter is used for the communication between a business system and the Integration Server, IDoc partners that are not of type LS (logical system) must be mapped to the communication party.

Example

This applies, for example, to IDoc partners of type LI (supplier).

To do this, you must define special alternative identifiers according to the following schema:

· The name of the service determines the issuing agency, for example, BUS_100.

· Partner type and (optionally) partner role determine the identification scheme, for example ALE#LI.

· The partner number of the IDoc determines the name, for example 0000023345.

Note

For communication using an IDoc partner of type LS (logical system) you do not need to assign an IDoc partner to an XI party. Such IDoc partners are addressed at service level.

Communication partners, for which alternative identifiers were defined with a business system as agencies, are displayed in the IDoc Partner tab page for the relevant business system (see Business System (Service)).

For more information about communication between business systems and the Integration Server by means of the IDoc adapter, see SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/netweaver ® SAP NetWeaver ® Media Library ® How-to Guides ® Exchange Infrastructure ® How To Sample IDoc Scenarios Within XI 3.0.
+

Communication Party

Cheers,

Roberto