cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SLD in NWDI

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking forward to implement NW7.3 AS JAVA ONLY + DI on a separate box for NWDI.

I have a solution manager SLD in my landscape. Can someone please suggest if it is good to have a separate SLD for NWDI with this ASJAVA instance and bridge the SLD's together OR should I use the existing SLD ?

Also, where do you use SLD naming service for new developments ? Does every development in AS JAVA need to be created under a new Z-component registered in SLD ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

As stated above SAP recommends to have a central SLD for all the servers. But if you want to use NWDI very extensively then I suggest you should go with a separate local SLD.

Does every development in AS JAVA need to be created under a new Z-component registered in SLD ?

No, You can use same Z-Components for multiple developments.

Regards

Rajan Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

SAP always recommends to have single SLD for the entire customer landscape and you really no need to have another SLD for your NWDI installation. You can make use of your existing SLD as central SLD for your new NWDI infrastructure too.

However, I m not much sure about the another question you posted regarding namespace for development..

Best Regards,

Vasanth G