cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Error messages in AE could not be Cancelled nor Restarted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on a scenario with a JDBC Receiver. During the testing, messages going to the JDBC receiver were being delivered successfully, however after a while, messages started to end in error (while others end up in holding/delivering status). Checking the error, I got this:

+SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12528, TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections+

*note that connection to the same DB is working for a different interface*

Checking blogs, it was explained that this error happens when the "unregister" did not complete properly, since the listener did not unregister the instance and "appropriate" instance is already running, we get this error. A solution was also provided in the blog where the Listener should be bounced, and then the SQL instance should be restarted. -- this resolution is on the side of the Receiver DB.

My question is on the side of XI. I've already set the adapter status to "Inactive" in the configuration. Checked the Serialization to identify the bottle neck, tried to cancel and restart, but it is not working (getting the below error)

+Unable to cancel x of x messages; update the status+

+Unable to schedule x of x messages for processing; update the status+

So given the above scenario, how can I cancel the messages in System Error in AE -- so that holding/delivering can proceed - and will be cancelled eventually?

Any thoughts?

Regards,

G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Yes, scenario is in EOIO. And yes, I've also tried that but the just the same as cancelling the system error messages, I get "unable to cancel selected message".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Grace

Are you using EOIO for this scenatrio.

In this case you have to cancel/delete the first message which is in holding state.

If you are not using EOIO and still the messages are in holding state then the receiver system must accept the message (in your cae the DB)

Regards

Sourabh