cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication mapping for sale data fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently sales data is not getting maintain through MDM to SAP. I wanted to know following fields of sales data maintaining in which table ?

Sales Data Fields: Departure country, Tax Category, Tax Classification of material.

These are the fields of standard MATMAS Idoc?

Kindly guide me where to map these fields in syndication map to SAP.

Regards,

Gaurang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

You can generate a documentaion from SAP using transaction we 60 and check for fields and tables in the idoc.

However,easier way will be to view it in syndicator under the xsd for matmas.

Search for segment corresponding to MVKE in the xsd and do a header to header mapping for Sales Tuple to that segent.

Later you can map fields inside the segemnt corresponding to MVKE in the segment.

Please revert in case of any queries.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have not understood the point 'view it in syndicator under the xsd for matmas'

As per my search these are the fields are not maintaining in MVKE table. It is maintaining in MLAN table.

I checked the segments of MATMAS in WE05. I found segment E1MVKEM but not segment E1MLANM. When I check segment E1MLANM in WE60, it is there.

Do i need to add this segment in MATMAS Idoc 1st then go for mapping in MDM syndicator.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

I meant we60 gives you detail documentation of idocs,this documentation will help you check which fields are there in MATMAS.

I got confused with heading of your post as it says Sales data fields which is MVKE.

MLAN is is Tax classification for material and I am not sure if its present in MATMAS.

For this you can either extend the idoc,send another standard idoc post MATMAS syndication to update the data,or also default these if it is as per business needs.

I would suggest study the data and then take a call.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have access to MATMAS right now but in this link I can see MLAN is there in MATMAS.

Please go through this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/35/6f2939268b2239e10000009b38f984/content.htm

Segment E1MLANM:

MSGFN (*) Function

ALAND (*) Departure country (country from which goods are sent)

TATY1 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM1 (*) Tax classification for this material

TATY2 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM2 (*) Tax classification for this material

TATY3 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM3 (*) Tax classification for this material

TATY4 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM4 (*) Tax classification for this material

TATY5 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM5 (*) Tax classification for this material

TATY6 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM6 (*) Tax classification for this material

TATY7 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM7 (*) Tax classification for this material

TATY8 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM8 (*) Tax classification for this material

TATY9 (*) Tax category (sales tax, federal sales tax,...)

TAXM9 (*) Tax classification for this material

TAXIM (*) Tax indicator for material (Purchasing)

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes as said above we do have the E1MLANM segment in MATMAS

IDOC>E1MARAM->E1MLANM

This further has the Fields

MSGFN

ALAND

TATY1

TAXM1

TATY2

MAXM2

TATY9

TAXM9

TAXIM

SEGMENT

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did following mapping in syndicator & check

Departure country -> ALAND

Tax Category -> TATY1

Tax Classification -> TAXM1

But it is not showing E1MLANM Segment in WE05 & Idoc giving error u2019You have not fully maintained the tax classificationsu2019

I even try in reverse manner. Send material (BD10) which is having sales data & created MATMAS Idoc. That time E1MLANM Segment showing in WE05.

So that means in case of Inbound Idoc, it is not getting MLAN data. Where I am going wrong in syndicator mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

This means there is some mandatory field missing in the incoming idoc.

Please goto MM02 and try modifying a current material with the same data you are sending,look for mandatory fields in that view and also data ECC expects.

This is basically a data error,looking into a well maintained MLAN data in ECC will help you solve this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you send in IDoc from BD10, the suggested generated, Look into that for the fields that need to be populated.

So for inbound testing you may use WE19 for test scenario.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only these sales field are mandatory in MLAN at ECC side. Other fields like Sales Org, Dis Channel etc. appearing in E1MVKEM

Only this much segment showing in WE19 for Inbound Idoc.

E1MAKTM

E1MARCM

E1MARMM

E1MBEWM

E1MBEWM

E1MVKEM

Is it possible some mapping missing in PI?

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you are using standard Idoc and MDM Adapter, PI will send what is receives from the source and send to target.

Check the map in the syndicator, before syndication check the destination preview if the required segments have been populated or not.

If not then assign some dummy values to check if the segment have values.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in syndication destination preview. Required segments is appearing in XML.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

The problem you are facing is due to incomplete maintanence of Tax data.

One way to resolve is to test a failed idoc with various data combinations in we19.

Also,looking at current data values in ECC will help you send right combination.

However,you need to ask business user for data combination to be sent that if provided could be a great help

Please note that the "incomplete maintenance of data" is not due to a segment error rather its the data which ECC expects is not available in the idoc,possibly some more fields need to be mapped or is wrongly sent.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Then in the ECC side are all the segments coming in the idoc.

You may check in sxi_monitor for the pay load received in PI, if it contains all the segments.

If received in PI, you need to check in in ECC.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After my further R&D I found header level mapping missing in MDM syndicator.

Lets say 'Location data' tuple mapped with E1MARCM & it appears in XML as <E1MBEWM SEGMENT="1">

But in case of 'Tax Details of sales view' tuple not mapped. One thing I found 'Tax Details' tuple not appearing with pink color flower symbol also E1MLANM segment appearing with pink color cube not with flower symbol.

2nd thing when I try to map this tuple with E1MLANM segment 'Map' button is disabled due to which in XML I found <E1MLANM> (SEGMENT="1" is missing)

Please guide me how to map this.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

Refer to pg no 21 of syndicator reference guide for step wise solution to this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx to All,

After adding Static text value 1 in E1MLAN segment (Destination Item Tab) issue resolved. Segment started appearing in MATMAS Idoc with necessary field values.

Regards,

Gaurang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang

To map tuples on an XML map, the XML schema associated with the map must contain a compatible hierarchical structure for each tuple to be mapped. For nested tuples (tuple fields which are child items of other tuple fields), there must be a corresponding repeating node (pink color flower) in the Destination Items grid for every nested tuple you want to map.

As when mapping any repeating MDM structure, when mapping a tuple, you must map the parent tuple field before you can map any of its child items. When mapping a nested tuple item, you must map all tuple fields which are ancestors of the item before you can map that item itself. It is not sufficient to map the top-level tuple field only.

Finally, when unmapping tuples, you must unmap all child items of a tuple field before you can unmap the tuple field itself.

I think that the problem is with repeating node in your XML schema in destination grid. It shoul not be non-repeatable node(pink colour cube), it should be converted to repeatable node.

For this you need to go to map properties-> Repeating Record Node and select E1MLANM

If you want both E1MARCM and E1MLANM to be repeatable nodes, i think it better to create a XSD having repeatable nodes and use it for syndication

Regards

Goutham Kanithi