cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Document for Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario which I am looking for an SAP solution. My client provides consultancy services and bills customers for it. At the beginning of the contract, customer gives a letter of intent (LOI) which authorised commencement of work. After work is completed, the customers signs a job completion form/service entry sheet, which is the basis on which the client can invoice the customer for the hours/days spent. Thinking along OTC, it looks to me that the LOI could represent a sales order, but I am looking for a document to represent the job completion form/service entry sheet. Can we have a delivery document for services? Is there any other document that can perform the same function as delivery in this scenario? I think there has to be another document after the sales order that will represent the actual hours/days spent on the job which the invoice can reference in billing the client.

Thanks for your prompt help.

Luqman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this you can have think standard functionality provided by SAP called Resource Related Billing(RRB)

You can maintain standard cost sheet with default activity and its cost.

You can use DP90 for creating a billing request with reference LOI (sales order) and subsequenr rasie a billing doc.

DP90 will refer those cost sheet/cost elemnet will automatically copies cost in DP90 to create billing request based o LOI.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JP.

Is the RRB a part of SD Module?

Other variants of the scenario is that the client could invoice the customer either at milestones or periodically. Some consumable items used on the project can also be billed to the customer.The PS module is integrated with this as a WBS element is intended to be assigned to each line item.

I am looking for a solution that will take care of all these variants of the scenario. Will RRB do these?

I appreciate your response.

Luqman

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its part of Customer Service. And widely know as After Market.

Is very much integrated with SD as well as PS.

DP90 csan be used by PS & SD both.

Whereas, if your refer DP90, its purely based on Sales Document.

Refer following SAP Help link for reference/understanding:

- [ Resource-Related Billing |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/59/54fc37004d0a1ee10000009b38f8cf/content.htm|also CS billing process]

Also refer, SAP Note 301117 - Enhanced documentation for dynamic item processor (DIP).

As DIP profile(TCode ODP1) is the critical part of RRB configuration.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

I will prefer to explore options within standard SD to find a solution for this scenario.

Are you suggesting this can't be achieved within SD? I am thinking of using a service material to represent the services, then create a billing request document (Debit Memo Request) to capture actual work done and invoicing based on the Debit memo request. What I am not sure is if this will be able to capture the cost.

Thanks,

Luqman

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't mention, "you can't."

Use Item cat as TAD for your service material.

And do order related billing.

FYI, RRB can be helpful in service orders.

Regards

JP

0 Kudos

For Milestone billing, you may consider using TAO material and populate the milestone into the Billing plan and do Order-related Billing. If you are using PS, you may consider copying milestones directly from the WBS(from the Network).

Hope this helps.