cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI WSDL URL not accessibile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a generated a webservice from PI....The problem now is that it could not be called outside our company domain. How can a legacy system which is outside our domain should call the PI webservice ? Is jus giving WSDL file sufficient ? if this is the case How can a legacy system could push the data to WSDL when it could even access the PI WSDL URL ?

Can you all let me know how to handle these kind of issue ?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The connectivity between your client system and PI needs to be established. Once established, the client will able to consume.YOu have to provide generated WSDL to the client system. Meantime they will create webservice client application logic to consume your hosted Webservice on PI. You can test the webservice by using XMLSPY or soapui pointing to PI for now.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

All you need is to ensure accessibility (in terms of network access) from the Web Service client system to your PI system. This might be ensured by a routing configuration or a VPN connection. But bear in mind what Raj has mentioned: does your client accept their web services being exposed to the Internet.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply. Let me talk to my network team and let you all know thw status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Raj said your network team should allow your third party customer/vendors.

From your side you(ur network team) should open the port and you ask your customers to send the data using the same port.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your third party system people should have access i.e network team has to provide compatibility.

is your client ready to accept to expose your web serivc einterfaces internet world?

Regards,

Raj