Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS and Project in a PPM item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following situation in PPM5:

We are managing a PPM which represent a project. We have an operational project in PPM that indicates the workpackages that need to be run in the project, and a WBS for the budget / cost collection.

As far as I understood, we cannot link directly the WBS to the item if we want standard cost integration in PPM5 - we already have the project linked, so my question would be:

What would be the most standard way to represent this scenario? Is it that we need to integrate costs through the operational project and roll them up to the item?

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

We can link WBS also as an object link to portfolio item. So in scenario mentioned you can have WBS as object link rather than project.

It should resolve the issue.

Cheers

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

The question would be, can we still use the standard cost retrieving scenario using the object link? Or should we then develop something ourselves?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Neil,

I am not sure whether I understood your requirement but dont you have link between operational project in PPM and WBS is PS. If you have this integration in place then I suppose its solves your problem.

Please eloborate more for more understanding.

Regards,

Pramod

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

The standard cost integration (via /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING) works for both object links - WBS elements and project definition.

It should work for you as standard.

Cheers

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

The idea is that we have a single link Project to WBS. So I guess our solution is for each Project Management project in PPM create a WBS, transfer the costs:

From PS to Project

From Project to Item

Consolidate from Items to bucket

Best regards

Answers (0)