cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support packages installation fail with error TP_CANNOT_CONNECT_TO_DATABASE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While we are applying support packages in our system, we are facing the error TP_CANNOT_CONNECT_TO_DATABASE in phase CHECK_REQUIREMENTS.

The error in Action log says:

Error during executing the tp command 'tp CONNECT PR1 ...'

tp return code: '0232' , tp message: 'connect failed' , tp output:

TRACE-INFO: 8: [dbsldb4d ,00000] *** ERROR => CPI2A5A occured: Not authorized to access the remote system. 21495

TRACE-INFO: 9: [dbsldb4. ,00000] *** ERROR => === Central DB connect FAILED! === 54

TRACE-INFO: 32: [dblink ,00433] ***LOG BY2=>sql error 0 performing CON [dblink#4 @ 433] 2473

TRACE-INFO: 33: [dblink ,00433] ***LOG BY0=>Not authorized to access the remote system. MSGID=CPI2A5A Job=// [dblink#4 @ 433]

We have checked the TP tool and it is working fine.

Please let me know your inputs on solving this issue..

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you please check SAP Profile parameter DIR_EPS_ROOT and pointed to correct path from where uncared SAP support packages are placed ??

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

Yes the path is correct. Otherwise, i would not have atleast loaded those packages from server in the first place.

Regards,

Ram.

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you recently changed password of database user SAPR3

Pls check SAP Note # 116225 , if it helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

SAPR3 password was not changed recently.

Regards,

Ram

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Ram for providing additional information.

Can you please check output of command R3trans -d and paste it.

Also please check if trans directory share (saploc) at OS level have correct perimissions to read,write,execute packages by users .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will you please resume your failed support pack installation in dialog run instead of background processing? Please let me know incase the error repeats.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies : Rupali, Anand, kranthi, vasanth.

Kranthi: That link didnt help much

Rupali: R3 trans is fine and retured the code zero. Permissions are trans folder are correct.

Anand: the tp process is not running

Vasanth: It started in dialog mode only and not in background.

Please let me know if you have any inputs.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It lloks like something missing with user authorization or something else. I would suggest if you have your DDIC user ID and password handy for 000, please resume it using the same. Also do u have SAP_NEW assigned with your existing user ID?

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

The user with which am applying the package has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW as well. We should not use DDIC according to our client policy and SAP the suggested the same in a note as well.

We applied successfully earlier with the same user.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramakrishna,

Check weather their are any tp process running. If so, delete these tp process and then try to start.

Thanks & Regards,

Ananda Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos
rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Pls check SAP Note # 96907 ,97632 including error resolution

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already gone through the notes you mentioned and tried the options documented in note and they are working fine.

In the Action it said, "Not authorized to access the remote system", so does it have to do with any authorizations? The user with which we are applying the packages has SAP_ALL.

Please let me know if i need to consider any other options.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the Database instance reside on the same system as the application server?

Which user are you using to apply the support packs?

It has to be user DDIC.

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Yes, the database resides on the Central instance, and we have additional dialog instance too.

We are using our own id created in 000 client with SAP_ALL access to apply the support packs and we are not using DDIC. We have used our own id successfully in applying patches earlier.

Regards,

Ram.