cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENAME OPTION IN PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i wanted to know why there is no option of rename in sap pi 7.1. As copying objects to alter the name of objects everytime can be combursome. Is there this option in the upgraded versions of PI ? Since i m into developing the objects in PI, i have to change the name of objects as and when the requirement to do so comes up? need your inputs on this.

Regards,

AMARNATH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

According to my knowledge we cant rename the ESR and ID object because of dependencies between objects means there are some object depend on each other from ESR to ID. if you try to rename the one and forgot to rename at other side where these object are used can cause of inconsistency i think that's why there is no option for rename.

Thanks

Gagandeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can copy the object with the different name, but there is no option of rename in PI7.1.

Because once you change in IR ( ESR) it wont reflect it ID so, there is no option of renaming.

Thanks.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Objects are persisted in other components and if you rename an object in esr that cannot be updated in configuration and hence it leads to failover. Thats the reason the feature is not incorporated.

Regards

Pothana

Edited by: Pothana Yadav on Feb 9, 2012 8:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then what is the way forward if we wnt to rename the objects created in PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there a possibility that SAP will include the rename option in future versions of SAP PI?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can;t, copy the same object with different name and change configuration in ID accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below thread on same discussion.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1978342