cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help in understanding in Solution Manager in SAP CRM.

I searched the forum but couldn't find exact idea about Solution Manager in SAP CRM on my doubts.

I request the experts to help me-

1) Is Solman is a must for SAP CRM? Does without Solman SAP CRM can run efficiently?

2) In Solman we save the documentation (blueprints, specs etc) link or save the file itself?

3) My understanding about SOLMAN is- its guide in SAP CRM for implementation, support, rollout etc we can follow- am I right?

4) Does navigation to SAP CRM is through Solution Manager? Any connectivity in between these two (SAP CRM & Solman) reflect modifications done in each component automatically?

Does anybody have documentation about solution manager about its navigation & paths etc please send me.

Thanks,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help in understanding in Solution Manager in SAP CRM.

I searched the forum but couldn't find exact idea about Solution Manager in SAP CRM on my doubts.

I request the experts to help me-

1) Is Solman is a must for SAP CRM? Does without Solman SAP CRM can run efficiently?

2) In Solman we save the documentation (blueprints, specs etc) link or save the file itself?

3) My understanding about SOLMAN is- its guide in SAP CRM for implementation, support, rollout etc we can follow- am I right?

4) Does navigation to SAP CRM is through Solution Manager? Any connectivity in between these two (SAP CRM & Solman) reflect modifications done in each component automatically?

Does anybody have documentation about solution manager about its navigation & paths etc please send me.

Thanks,

Sri

Responses:

1) If you are a new customer and want to install CRM you must have access to a Solution Manager system to generate the installation keys. You also need Solution Manager to download patches.

2) You save the file in the Knowledge Warehouse functions of the system, you can also save a link if you want to host the file on for example a sharepoint server. Your choice

3) Dont understand which guide you mean. But SOlman cannot be used as a CRM system. (technically yes you can, but you then have to license it as a CRM-system).

4) Solution Manager is based on CRM and it might look like there is a CRM-system. IT is also possible to use target system navigation so you can start the transaction in the CRM-system (not the CRM-functions in Solman).

Finally.

See the systems as separated.

If you need CRM-functions, Install a separate CRM-system and let it have its own lifecycle.

Install and use Solution Manager for Application Lifecycle Management!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freppe,

My question is not resolved but I wanted to give you more points.

I mean Guide in my third that - SAP SOLMAN provides step by step process for SAP Implementation, Support, roll out etc.

Please let me know-

1) What is the role of Functional consultants in SAP SOLMAN to play, i wanted to ask- in what scenarios Functional Consultants have to work on that SOLMAN ?

2) Is there any option to bypass (ignore) SOLMAN in SAP CRM implementations, support etc

Thanks,

Sri

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) What is the role of Functional consultants in SAP SOLMAN to play, i wanted to ask- in what scenarios Functional Consultants have to work on that SOLMAN ?

2) Is there any option to bypass (ignore) SOLMAN in SAP CRM implementations, support etc

1) depends on what functions you take in place.

If you use it for documentation purposes Functional Consultants will use transactions like SOLAR01, SOLAR02, RMMAIN to work with Solution Implementation. You can activate Change Request Management to control Change Management. You can use testing workbench. Job Management. The list of functions is huge.

2) Bypass NO, but you can select how much of functions in Solman you want to use.

See this blog for basic introduction

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13275

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

We get all the information about SOLMAN in the service market place you should have s user id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

I do not have that otherwise i would have checked there.

Thanks,

Sri