cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expense types for paid by company and reimburse to employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding expense types. Should we create separate Expense types for "paid by company" and "reimburse to employee" or is there a way to use the same expense type to both "paid by company" and "reimburse to employee"? Ex: "Hotel - Company paid" and "Hotel-Reimburse to employee" should be separate expense types or can we achieve this with say one expense type "Hotel"?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, please create a seperate Expense Type (ex. HOTL and HOTP) for paid by company and reimburse to the employee. This will create an inconsistency later on. Your statistic table for one will have an inconsistent results. I would not recommend to do this.

Regards,

Raynard

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

although what Muhammad suggested might work, technically, I still have to agree with Raynard. If you don't use separate expense types you will get problems at the latest when sending data to FI / connecting to HR / Posting runs concerning taxes.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Above persons are rights as well because at the time of expense definition (V_T706B1), you need to define whether expense is reimbursable to employee or paid by company.. Still it would be workable but would NOT correct total amount as reimbursable or paid by company in reports.

There might be other issue as well (i.e. Tax)

My solution can be worked if both are reimbursable or paid by company and with same tax or no tax..

Agreed, It is better to define expense types separately.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

'paid by the company' expense types will be assigned to credit card company and transaction key.

'paid by the company' and 'reimbursed to the employee' expense types to be created seperately.

Regards

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be done with single expense type (i.e Hotel Expenses paid)..

Then you need to Define Service Provider ( 01 Self Paid, 02 Company Paid) (V_T702K)

Assignment of trip expense type to wage type depending on service provider

Assignment of symbolic accounts to wage types

Conversion of symbolic account to expense account..

In will automatically credits Employee vendor or Company account based on selection in PR05 ( 01 Self Paid, 02 Company Paid)

Hopes it would serve your purpose.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer