cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate two main tables in one XML file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Do you know if it is possible to syndicate two main tables in one single file?

I have created a lookup main table field where I realte the two main tables, but it is not quite working as I expected.

Is syndication two main tables a standard functionality?

Anybody knows where can I find documentation on this?

Anybody have done this and can share some tips?

I am on 7.1

Thank you for your help,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia Hardeman,

The syndication maps are created per table.

We can syndicate the records from lookup main which has some reference to the primary main table.

For example you have a primary main table called products. It has a field called XYZ which is a lookup main.

For a record in Products table ( say ID is 123) you will take a value from second main table (say ID is abc) for the field XYZ.

So from syndicator you can send the value for field XYZ for that particular record in Products table.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Sravan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Having multiple display fields for the Non main table records will be cached, more DF's will require more memory.

SAP recommends not to have more than three DF for a lookup table

Regards,

Prasad.

Edited by: Prasad Tuttagunta on Feb 11, 2012 5:13 AM

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia

I think the only way is to convert all the fields which you want to syndicate in second main table to Display Fields(DF) in console. And then create a lookup of second main table in the first main table, where you can see comma seperated values. Using the same comma as delimiter, i think we can syndicate files.

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Do you know if it is possible to syndicate two main tables in one single file?

Answer to this depends on what are you looking at,if you want to send Vendor data(say) with related Bank and Duns data this is possible in one syndication from Main table Vendor,only related records from the other table will be sent.

I have created a lookup main table field where I realte the two main tables, but it is not quite working as I expected.

Please detail what do you want to achieve here.

Is syndication two main tables a standard functionality?

Maps are table dependent,so they send data from a table based on map properties.

Thanks,

Ravi