Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing webdynpro iview

saraswathi_d
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want information about how to change the background colour and font style of a web dynpro iview. I have checked the Theme Editor in portal, here we can change the background colour of the iview tray. But is there an option to change the background colour of the iview itself?

regards,

Saraswathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saraswatrhi,

I don't know wheather this question has been answered or not. I have gone through this thread today only. Here is the exact answer to your question.

We can't change the colors of fonts in web dynpro unless we use 'Themes Editor' in NWDS.

Need for Themes

When WebDynpro is so well designed why do we need themes? It is because when we develop solutions for a particular enterprise, using WebDynpro modeling tools we are forced to maintain homogeneity in the design of user interfaces.

For example if we are designing an ESS application for SAP we will be forced to maintain the SAP‘s standard blue, white and orange tinted yellow base throughout our applications. Because logos and colors form an integral part of a company’s identity. They define their identity and companies will never sacrifice them.

WebDynpro does not come with a design environment where there is a flexibility to edit the UI element features and its colors. And it is not easy to bring it in, as it is used for different platforms like MI. If we include a feature in WebDynpro, we have to ensure that it is compatible with all the environments. So SAP does not provide them directly. Instead they give the “Themes Editor “as an un-supported version.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this out. In the theme, go to Complex Elements -> iView Tray -> Background colour of plain tray.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u want to Change the color of the Iview U have to

change the ThemeEditor.In theme Editor Lot of Options like Changing the Color of Iview/Table/etc...

The Complete note to change the Theme edito is :

Personalization :

Themes :

SysAdmin

-->

Portal Display

-->

ThemeEditor

-->

Choose a Theme

-->

Make Changes

If Any

--> Save It

-->

Desktop and

Display Rules

-->

Portal Content

--->

Portal Users

<--

Standard Portal

Users

<--

Copy [Default Frame

Work Page & Desktop]

<--

Paste it In a New Folder

Rename The Desktop

<--

1).OPen The Renamed Desktop

2). Open Folder Themes(sys) and R.C

3).Add theme to DESKTOP.

4)Save it.

<--

Open ->portal Admin -> SuperADmin

<--

open -> Master Role Collection

<--

Select a Role/user/group . From Master Role Collection

<--

R.c On Renamed Desktop and " add Portal Desktop To Expression".

<--

Open Renamed Dektop,Select the theme,

<--

Hit The Button "Set Default" (save)

<--

Logoff and Logon The Portal Page.

-

hope this will b usefull..

Regards,

Ramganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Got to

Content Administrator->System Administrator->Portal Display->Theme Editor

You can manage the setting here

Kind Regards

Mukesh

saraswathi_d
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I want to change the background color of iview. In Theme Editor there no option to change the background color of iview. If you know pls tell me the full path clearly.

Regards,

Saraswathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post this question in Portal Forum. There is a better chance of you getting the right answer.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u check on the Navigation Panel Body in the Theme editor? I think the body colour or some property like that will change the background colour of the iView. Check on that.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman