cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal XI Compatibility with Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our organization recently upgraded all of our computer systems to Windows 7 and Office 10, we have been having problems with Crystal XI ever since. I can open an existing report but can't save any edits without saving it as a new report. When I try to print a report it crashes and closes without saving anything. Whan other users open reports and try to run them the entire report disappears, completely deleted from the system. Does anyone know why this is happening and more importantly is there a fix for it?

Thank you,

Laura M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Progress 4GL (open edge 10.2A) with Crystal Reports XI R2 SP 6.

The runtime used is crxir2sp6_net_mm.zip.

Crystal runtime is installed in windows OS 7 64 bit and some customers using our application are facing problem launching Crystal Reports.

They are experiencing slowness in launching the crystal reports, it almost takes a minute / more to launch the report.

Whereas when the the crystal runtime installed in windows XP / Windows server 2008 works fine and the reports are launched in seconds.

Please let me know if there is any issue with working with Windows 7.

Is there any solution available for this?

Looking for an early response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please anyone can help me on my above request w.r.t windows 7 and Crystal XI running.

Rgds

Sudhakar

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) This is the SAP Crystal Reports Data Connectivity forum - your query is re. what appears to be a runtime issue using the CR SDK for .NET

2) This thread has been closed and marked as solved so not a good idea to append to it

3) your query does not appear to be at all related to the issue discussed in the thread

Suggestion;

Post a new thread to the [NET - SAP Crystal Reports|

- Ludek

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

I know, for sure, Crystal Reports XI is Not supported on Windows 7. Try upgrading to CR XI R2 SP6 although I'm not sure if that works on Windows 7 too.

Crystal Reports 2008 works for sure.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I thought.

Thank you Abhilash,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See [this|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/b4JiAw] wiki re. CR versions and supported OS

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I've passed the link onto my IT team.