cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer VC connection to Portal Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have installed SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 SPS 05... I got a requirement and I need to consult two "Z" tables. These two tables were created in my Portal Database (Oracle). I did some configurations according with this blog:

Connecting to 3rd Party Databases Using the Portal JDBC Connector

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/e0319850-ec0a-2c10-3d82-c3334d7cc665

Inside Visual Composer VC I configured destinations for JDBC but I am not able to read anything. I did the system connection and test was OK. In this version of VC I need to create a Destination JDBC because the system is not enough.

This blog is for connecting to 3rd Party Database but I want to connect to my Portal database. How can I acheive that??

Regards

David Cortes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may check out the documentation at help.sap.com:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/a80b77516b35b6e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

Thank you very much for your help.... The link you sent me was really helpful... I was missing two very important parameters in my destination connection Group...

XMSG_JDBC_DESTINATION_PROPERTY_URL_NAME: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<hostnameDataBase>:<PortDB>:<DatabaseName>

XMSG_JDBC_DESTINATION_PROPERTY_URL_NAME : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Ones I got this information, my JDBC Visual Composer Stored Procedures connection works OK....

Regards

David Cortes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David and Anja,

I see you have experience in Portal 7.3, wanted to help me assuring me that I have a doubt, I need ti create a custom report to see the visits to the site and see other data in portal 7.3, mi first query is whether I can create report using visual composer? if so I am following the link you sent to configurate the JDBC but I get an error "Could not complete  the search . check log for information" and the log says: "Could not get connection for alias JDBC_Prueba. Contact your system administrator"

Or I can use tools for creating the report?

Thank you very much!!!

Regards

Keith Cueva

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why don't you use standard portal functionality like activity report to see visits to the site?

Regarding your connection problem: it's quite difficult to help you with that as all of the properties depend on your landscape. No one from outside may know them. So the only thing I can recommend is to take a look at the default trace and see which error message might indicate the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

Thanks for your answer, I report are applying has a more complicated structure of the activity that gives me the report, so I wanted to make a program to connect to the database but not to use tools.

In a blog on this understanding that version 7.3 did not have the activity report but now apparently looking information if this, I've looked at my site and I get the object with an error "Broken Delta Link. The delta link source of this object is missing. source object ID: pcd: Portal_Content / com.sap.pct / admin.templates / iViews / com.sap.portal.activity_report_iview "I'll check it out this error, but your experience you'll know why this error comes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards

Keith Cueva

former_member187970
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David Cortes,

i have simmlar issue which you have done.

i have to develop portal Activity Reports with help of VC in Portal 7.3  using MAXDB

In Portal 7.0 these are steps i have followed to develop Activity Reports.

1.In Visual Administrator some settings related to JDBC drivers.

2. Created system in portal by providing  :

a.   Connection URL: Specify the URL for the JDBC system.

b.  Driver Class Name: Specify the JDBC driver used to connect to the system.

3. crearted model in VC and data base tables got from this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/48/6aa9429b930b31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

So ,same thing i want to do in portal 7.3 also.

i have few doubts while doing this.

1. where can i will get data base tables for Portal Activity Reports as i sown above link   ?

2.Is it need to create system in portal for Portal Activity Reports?

i have done these steps.

1 .configure a JDBC system destination using this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/64/188a974b50402791ec1886050ee176/frameset.htm

2. Created New model in VC  and  IN

Search task panel, choosen JDBC Stored Procedures in the Select provider dropdown list ,

IN System destination dropdown list slected MAXDB_DRIVERS which i have created based on JDBC system destination. after clicking search button getting this message Could not complete  the search . check log for information.  And i have cheched logs having this message

Returned destination MAXDB_DRIVER, type JDBC to user Administrator

If you have any idea on this please help me.

Regards,

prasad.

Message was edited by: prasad doddi