cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Storage Bucket Profile without deactivating Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Is it possible to change the storage bucket profile assigned to a Planning Area without deactivating the Planning area?

ie. in SAPAPO/TR32 I want to change the SBP to include Fiscal Variants.

I need to incorporate the Fiscal Variants into the SBP and I want to avoid deactivating the PA. (for obvious reasons)

Is this possible by 1. making the change in Dev and then transporting it to the Productive system OR

2. by opening the System and making the change directly?

Any pointers to avoid deactivation will be welcome.

Rgds, Rishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi

No, you cannot. Adding Fiscal Year variants changes the 'technical periods' in livecache time series. So there is no way to avoid de-activating the planning area.

If you only want to do this for reporting, you might be able to workaround with BI.

Rishi Menon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Unfortunately, you would need to copy the data from the planning area to a backup cube, deactivate the planning area, update the storage bucket profile and then after activating the planning area, you would need to copy the data from cube to the planning area.

We had to do this since the people working earlier had missed to updated the fiscal year variant for few years. It's a quite safe process, so I don't think you need to worry too much. Just ensure that your data is backed up properly.

Make the changes directly in relevant system.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.. Closing the thread. Points rewarded.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not possible.

Changing periods of storage bucket profile is not possible in /sapapo/tr32 when it is used in at least one active planning area.

(Only extending the valid period is possible.)

If you want to force the change (by transport or something), it may cause severe inconsistency in liveCache.

Hopefully you do not do this especially in production.

Not sure for what purpose you want to do this. Maybe you can try to create a new storage bucket profile and a new PA.

Then copy the data from original PA in //TSCOPY ...

Best Regards,

Ada