cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval process for Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client has a requirement where in they want to have an approval process for a quotation based on the profit margin % i.e If the profit margin is less than 10% then the Business Head has to approve the Quotation and only then they will be able to do further processing with reference to that Order.

I have seen Status Profile against the Document Type but there is no provision to trigger approval based on value that will by default cause the Quote to be Blocked.

Appreciate your expert suggestion in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

You can also leverage the workflow process to trigger approval process. Set a default delivery block at the document level. With the help of programmer you will be able to determine if the document needs approval or not. If it needs approval, a workflow event will be trigerred to the approver or approvers SAP profile (SBWP). The appprover will have the option to approve or reject the request.

Once the approver approves the request, the workflow piece will update the document and remove delivery block, allowing further processing.

The above steps are traceable events which is a also good for auditing purposes.

Thanks

Manish

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you should perform this via user-exit:

- you should define two user statuses (open and approved), and give trough authorization profile the authority to set the status approved only to the desired person;

- in the user-exit you should write ABAP coding so that when you save a quotation, the system checks if the margin of profit is under 10 %, and if the user status is not approved: in that case the system automatically set a block at item level;

Hope to be useful.

Best regards,

Andrea