cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event triggered when closing F4 search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have 3 input fields on my view and only the first is set to editable,so that the user can enter a value.Only after entering a valid value will the other 2 fields be made editable.

My problem is that i open the search help for the first input field and choose a value and press enter. I would like to know if there is any event that is triggered when choosing a value and closing the search help so that the other 2 input fileds will become editable automatically when i press the ok button in the search help.

I do not want to choose a value from my search help and then press enter one more time so that my fields will become editable and the event handler for my input field will be called.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get your requirement done you must either use ONENTER action or change your search help to OVS help.

When you use the OVS help an action is created which triggers the search help and inside the action you

have four phases, where you can search your required values and in the final phase you can set the value

of your 1st input field and also make the other fields editable.

The link shows how you can use OVS help.

link : http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/OVS/page1.htm

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In netWeaver 7.03/7.31, you get the onEnter event triggered for the select in the F4 regardles of the search help type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I use search help from ddic and not an OVS and unfortunatelly my sap version is older than 703.Isn't there any other way to solve this problem?

Thank you

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you used OVS or a freely programmed search help you could fire a dummy action or even the actual action behind the onEnter event manually to force a roundtrip within that code without the event being called by the framework due to the user hitting "enter". This is the only idea I have. If you, however, use a DDIC search help, you won't have any code to hook on... InputFields only have the event onEnter

Let's hear other opinions though, maybe I'm mistaken.

Cheers, Lukas