cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro APP certificate Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are developing a WDA app that will be accessed from a plant on the company, my questions are:

When i test the app url directly on the browser, it gives certificate issue only when i choose to continue it opens the WEB AS loggin, is it possible to create a certificate for the app or bypass that?

Also i have to login twice because it tells me that SSO is not configured, so the basis team need to do that so we can log in once?

The person that will access the WDA app has to be in the same network? Because its in a companys plant outside the office, do we need vpn or something? Ps. The employee does not uses SAP just wants it on the browser, so he will not have SAPGUI on the local machine, is that a problem too?

Thanks!

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Also i have to login twice because it tells me that SSO is not configured, so the basis team need to do that so we can log in once?

Yes, If you enable SSO, only one time log in is enough.

> The person that will access the WDA app has to be in the same network? Because its in a companys plant outside the office, do we need vpn or something? Ps. The employee does not uses SAP just wants it on the browser, so he will not have SAPGUI on the local machine, is that a problem too?

If you are running from other networks, you need to connect through VPN inorder to run local server.

Normally for this, you need to integrate your WebDynpro Application in Portal, and give access to your customer.

If you integrate in portal, he can access for anywhere.

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client does not have/want to use portal for cost issues.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Normally for this, you need to integrate your WebDynpro Application in Portal, and give access to your customer.

>If you integrate in portal, he can access for anywhere.

The portal has nothing to do with this. it doesnt' give WDA the ability to run outside the network.

You can of course open the HTTP ports in your firewall and allow external access to your WDA (and ABAP system) from outside your network if you choose to. This doesn't require the Portal.

Likewise you can configure X509 based certificate SSO without the need for the Portal either. The configuration steps for this are well documented in the online help.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Thomas: Thank You Sir for correcting me