cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule line confirm only if batch exist for that sales order line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

I following doubt which I tried searching existing posts but unable to get any reasonable answer. Can any one help.

In my project we have a material of particular division which when entered in sales order wont get confirmed even thought there is enough stock.

To make it confirm we have to add the batch to that line item level (Sales A tab) . As soon as I add the batch it gets confirmed.

This happens only for that particular division. How did they achieve this? Is this a standard functionality? I am asking this because the material of that particular division has same schedule line category as for another division material.

So why does that particular division gets confirmed only after adding batch at sales order level? Can any one tell me if this is some configuration.

Thanks in Advance

Rathan Kumar K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using a batch determination procedure? I guess that the answer is positive, in which case you should look at the strategy definition. It may not include that division, or something of the kind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I activate a batch determination logic then you mean to say stock will get confirmed in sales order only if I add a proper batch? If so which level is this batch determination procedure need to be activated(i.e order type or Item category)?

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Path : SPRO> Logistics - General>Batch Management.>Batch Determination and Batch Check>Activate Automatic Batch Determination in SD

1. Automatic Batch Determination sale order line item : check whether you have activated batch management for item category

2. Activate Automatic Batch Determination for Delievery item category : If you activate here , it is applicable only Delievery level

My suggestion is don't activate Batch at Order level , best practice is Delivery level

Based on your requirement try to do the necessary settings

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasanna,

Thanks for your update.

I checked the settings and Item catageory ZTAN is not set for automatic batch determination.

Scenario:

I have a material M1 belonging to division c and M2 belonging to division d. (Both have same Item catageory ZTAN)

I have enough ATP stock maintained for these both materials.

When creating sales order I enter both M1 and M2 for 1qty each.

M1 confirmed quantity is 0 and M2 confirm quantity is 1

If I enter batch in sales order for M1 the M1 confirm quantity becomes 1.

Is this standard behavior? If yes where can I find the config?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compare the checking group assigned to these materials in the material master->sales:general/plant view. For these checking groups and checking rule A, check the settings assigned in t.code OVZ9. To me it looks, one of the settings under stock or storage location inspection affects this.

Otherwise, when you enter both the items in the sales order, did you see the plants assigned for each? Does any user exit is activated to determine the storage location for the sales order items?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram,

I checked the checking group for the two materials and both have same checking group 'ZA-Stock only"

We dont have storage location determined for this both materials in sales order. However both materials have only different shipping points.

Also "Batch" field is grayed out for the second material which gets confirmed with out entering any batch.

Answers (0)