cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKServerException

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using crystal report 11.5, and getting the below errors while opening report from web interface. Crystal report is installed on windows 2003 SP2 along with oracle DB connected to another server where we open a web interface to access the reports (Java + Apache Tomcat). Both servers are connected via ODBC. Please suggest:

Apache stdout log:

Debugger -- Act_Run_CustReport: com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKServerException: The system cannot find the file specified.---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

Debugger -- Act_Run_CustReport: com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKServerException: Access denied. Please check directory setting for files you can access.---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

as for crystal Log:

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\abc_analysis {B405ED75-3B61-48F3-8AC3-5B5AD2098AD5}.rpt" DetailedErrorMsg:""

ErrorLog 2012 2 2 16:00:46.504 1780 4748 (\servers\ras\dtsagent\reporthandler.cpp:11592): CReportHandler::buildReportViewerError: CSResultException thrown. ErrorSrc:"CRPE" FileName:"\servers\ras\dtsagent\reporthandler.cpp" LineNum:11588 ErrorCode:756 ErrorMsg:"Failed to open the connection.Failed to open the connection.

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\abc_analysis {B405ED75-3B61-48F3-8AC3-5B5AD2098AD5}.rpt" DetailedErrorMsg:""

ErrorLog 2012 2 3 12:04:57.801 1780 5892 (\servers\ras\dtsagent\cdtsagent.cpp:3177): CDTSagent::doOneRequest reqId=103: CSResultException thrown. ErrorSrc:"COM" FileName:"\servers\ras\dtsagent\rptdirmgr.cpp" LineNum:249 ErrorCode:-2147467259 ErrorMsg:"Access denied. Please check directory setting for files you can access." DetailedErrorMsg:"

<- ErrorSrc:"localcon.dll" FileName:".\localreportmgr.cpp" LineNum:708 ErrorMsg:"Access denied. Please check directory setting for files you can access."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm assuming that "web interface" means some app - .NET / Java(?) that you created?

Ensure the c:\win\temp directory has read / write permissions

Use [Process Monitor|http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx] see if it reports any "Access Denied" errors, etc.

If this is a .NET app, what version of .NET?

Exact version of CR? (CR 11.5 is not enough detail).

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find bellow more details. i guess it would be crystal report XI R2

Product: 11.5

Copyright 2004 Business Objects, Inc.

All rights reserved.

Also can you please develop more "Ensure the c:\win\temp directory has read / write permissions". did you mean the location of the reports or "C:\temp".

The web interface that we are using is JAVA with Apache Tomcat (war file)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I say:

Exact version of CR? (CR 11.5 is not enough detail).

I mean I need to know something like 11.5.x.x, The whole "thing" is very, very important.

Also can you please develop more "Ensure the c:\win\temp directory has read / write permissions". did you mean the location of the reports or "C:\temp".

Log in under the same account as the app runs under. Go to Start | Run, type %temp%. This is the temp directory that you have to give read / write permissions to.

The web interface that we are using is JAVA with Apache Tomcat (war file)

- Again, this just does not tell me enough info. Please review my initial post re. info needed.

BTW.; are you the developer of the app? Just asking as it may be better to communicate with who ever created the app that is running here.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The exact version of CR is: 11.5.3.438

i did give read/write permission to the temp folder as pointed still getting the same error

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKServerException: Access denied. Please check directory setting for files you can access.---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

As for process monitor, i have little experience in it didn't get to much details.

Also note that i'm a system administrator (customer support) and not the developer of the application. As they have told me the reports were generated well if you connect to another server running the same version of CR as the new one.

Plus if i change the directory (in the initial.ini - tomcat) of the reports to another folder it will generate another error reporting that the file path is not found. Usually we place the reports under c:\reports. Also i have tried to put //servername/C$/reports as a path and didn't work.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Work on the Access denied error. Not much I can do from here on that though. Also, talk to the developer, they will know more about how this is implemented and should be able to help you out. Tell the developer he may want to think about updating the app to use [CR XI R2A (v.11.5.6.x)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/24977]. And finally, CR XI R2 - any flavor, has been out of support for a year now, perhaps updating to a currently supported version will be advisable also.

- Ludek

Answers (0)