cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the criteria for selecting a license if multiple licenses exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

If multiple licenses exist for an order in GTS, what is the criteria to decide which license will finally be selected?

The log says "Number of import/export licenses that could be affected: 3" but it finally picks up one.

Does it do it sequentially using the internal license number?

We have a scenario where we are upgarding from version 7 to version 10, and there is one license (say A) which was created in the older version and copied to the new system after upgrade. There is also a new license (say B) directly created in the new version (with same selection criteria as A)

Now when an order is created, both licenses are "affected" but it picks up the license B created in the new version.

If the system was picking license based on internal number it should have picked up license A which was created in earlier version (as that had a lower internal number sequentially). If I expire license B and recheck the order, then it correctly picks up A.

So what is the actual criteria to select a license and in this case was License A not given priority because it was created in older version and then copied to new version as part of upgrade?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I can see from a quick look at the code, there is no attempt to place the determined licences in any particular order. Since they are selected from table /SAPSLL/LCLIC, it seems reasonable that they would be selected according to field GUID_LCLIC. Within one system, the GUIDs remain in order of creation date/time; however I don't know GUIDs are formed in relation to different systems. My bet is that if you check in SE16, your "early" licence actually has a higher GUID value than the recent ones.

Please check, and see if I'm right.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You are correct. The licenses are getting sorted by the GUID_LCLIC field.

Answers (0)