Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Deploy ODATA services to SCC

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Friends

we have developed ODATA serves on Gateway and exposed them,tested using fetch Add on.

Next steps

On the client side, using the URL'S we must develop your client code using the SAP/SUP OData SDK in order to enable your mobile device to consume OData services.

Confusion at this point ?

1.Is is that we need to deploy the client application on to SUP Server from SUP Workspace, so that the application will be available in Sybase Control Center for further configuration?

2 .if want to use Microsoft ODATA SDK, how to deploy the same on SCC (Sybase control Center) ?

Regards

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

From the problem description provided by you, I understand that you are trying to develop a online application to consume gateway-Odata services using SUP2.1-ODP.

-- You can develop a mobile application using native development environment(Adroid/BB/iOS). Include the Client-SDK libs available with SUP2.1 to application project. These libs provides you the API to connect to SUP, parse gateway oData contents etc..

Please refer to developper guide @ http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-2.1.0/doc/h...

-- Once your application is ready, you need to do few configurations in SCC.. But no deployment of app in SCC.

Please refer to the thread http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2132117&tstart=0 for the details on the same.

Note: If you are running your application on simulator within the same network as your SUP server and gateway, you can skip relay server configuration and directly connect to SUP server from the app.

Regards

Rohith

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Thanks for your email with in details steps, to close the thread, can you provide me the pointers for the below,

I tried the steps you have mentioned, few of them were successful.

I am unable to enter my device specific details of Iphone,how to do that?

1.once we complete SCC will it be available in ITunes ? should o go and search the App Store for the same?

2. if i want to download the application from where should i do it, , tradationally we download other apps from ITunes for Iphone,

3. How will the App know iam the authirized user for the application?

Regards

Chandra

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Yes.. You have to download the application from iTunes. There are multiple applications available in iTunes. You can download them for free and install on iPhone/iPad.Ex: "SAP Leave Request"

Once you install the app, you need to register them with SUP. Applicatioons will have a registration page asking you the details like SUP server Host/Port,Company ID, User,Security Configuration etc..

Apllications will be identified at SCC using the APPID. Every app is having a unique predefined APPID. You need to create a new application connection in your SCC with this APPID. (As mentioned in my previous reply).

User authorization will be based on the registration type choosen.

1. If Manual registration is choosen, then you need to create a User in SCC with some activation code. During registration, the user and activation code sent from application is compared against this.

2. If you choose SSO, the user is vaildated by a ticket issuing system.

3. You can also register using certificates.

Regards

Rohith

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rohith,

Thanks for providing the clarity, let me do it hands on .

Answers (0)