cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full mode SNP re-planning without any planning file entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a strange scenario here. SNP replans all receipts for some of the locations only, without any changes to planning file entry parameters. Though the quantity and dates are same. the order numbers are changed in each run. There is not any planning file entry for SNP. For testing, interactively location heuristic is run for a example location product. For each run, the order number is found different. This behaviour is not observed for all the locations. The version setting is for net change planning and SNP global setting is delta mode. SNP is not expected to change the order numbers if changes to planning file entries are not done and version setting is for net change planning...Any clue as to why is this behaviour?

Regards,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check whether consulting note 1176135 helps.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ada,

Thank you for your response. I am aware of this consulting note. We are using net change planning. For no changes to the planning file elements, SNP heuristics is not supposed re-create receipts with new order numbers during each runs. This is happening for few of our locations. Still searching for answers....

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of Heuristic are you running? Multi-level, Network or Location? I guess Net change planning is executed in different ways for all these different methods. Here's what the note Ada mentioned above says about Multi-level Heursitic -

"If you select the multilevel heuristic, the system plans all products in all locations (whether they are finished products, intermediate products or purchased goods) from the highest to the lowest BOM level, which means that all specified products are planned, including the entire dependent demand. The multi-level heuristic is executed for all locations to which the selected products were assigned, as well as all locations to which dependent products were assigned. A prerequisite in this case is that the SNP planning file entry is set for at least one of the selected location products."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Thank you for your response.

We have here 'network heuristics' on net change mode and not multilevel. Let me explain you the problem in detail. One of the user here observed that for a set of location products, the receipts are replanned everyday, though there is not any changes to planing file elements such as R/3 master data, forecast etc..For analysis, I selected an example affected location product and ran location as well as network heuristics multiple times interactively, without saving the result. To my surprise, SNP is found replanning the receipts for entire planning horizon during each interactive run. This is not found happening for all locations. For few of the affected locations, all the products at those locations found having this problem. Though the planning file entry were reversed after each SNP run, the same found returning without any changes..

Any inputs over this is highly appreciated...

Regards,

Raghav

Edited by: Raghav_Udupa on Feb 9, 2012 9:46 AM

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you set "change planning active" in /sapapo/mvm for the active version?

The F1 help of the indicator says that this is only taken into consideration in active version.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ada. Change planning is active in active version.

Regds,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Net change Planning can be executed only in the background. When you run Heuristics interactively, the entire set of products selected are planned, irrespective of what products have SNP planning file entries. But after the interactive run, SNP planning file entries are reversed for products with any planning data changes.

If you are running Network heuristic with Net Change Planning in the background and are still getting this issue, then try and investigate why the Planning file entries are getting created for Products without any changes to planning data. You can find the 'Planning file entry' flag in the table /SAPAPO/PEGKEY. You can also use the transaction /sapapo/prod_cd_read to check all the change documents in APO.

If it still does not make sense, then I would advise you to open a OSS message.

Regards,

Shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs. As planning file entries are returning after each background run on net change mode, I will analyze the changes as advised by you and raise an OSS message incase of requirement. I will update this thread once resolved.

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Updating this thread further. The problem is still there. Thinking that this could be a bug, OSS message has been raised and awaiting SAP response. Meantime, to think louder on the subject, let me share some more additional details, setting details, expectations and observations on current problem.

Requirement is daily net change SNP heuristics planning. Forecast release is once a month for 18 months planning horizon. Delta mode is enabled in global SNP profile. Change planning is active in active version. Net change planning is selected in SNP background run profile. Network (multilevel) heuristics is run for entire horizon. Low level code determination is done before the planning run.

Expectation from 'net change' planning is, SNP to replan location products wherever there are changes to planning file entry elements. For ex: If a demand is changed within bucket, SNP to replan the quantity for that affected bucket only. Order number are not changed if the quantity change is within lotsize limit. Exceeding the lotsize limit, SNP to create additional order.

Current situation is, SNP replans all the receipts with new order numbers for the entire network, even if the change is in one bucket for one location product. Net change planning is not happening at all. Version consistency cheks are not helping here. Am I missing something? Are there any additional setting to activate net change planning? Are there any notes released so far for SCM 5.1? Though I got some notes for SCM 4.1 and 5.0, I could not get any for SCM 5.1...

Cheers!

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

This is found to be a program error and is resolved after application of note 1039801. I am closing this thread. Thanks all for your inputs and response.

Cheers!

Raghav

Answers (0)