cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice split during Pro-Forma Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a new document type for a proforma invoice. This pro-forma invoice needs to be created the moment customer invoice in created. So customer invoice is the reference for this pro-forma invoice and it will copy all details from the invoice. But when I enter the billing doc number in VF01 and select the pro-forma billing type and press enter, it is showing the below invoice split. However there is only one item in the billing document. Can somebody tell me why this split is coming? But when I save, it creates only one pro-forma invoice.

Fld Name 0090000083 $000000002

Billing Type Z005 Z007

SD document category M U

ID:Exchange rate setting (no n X

Combination criteria in the bi 0010401 001

Invoice list type LR

Regards,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created a routine to supress the invoice split

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
This pro-forma invoice needs to be created the moment customer invoice in created. 
   So customer invoice is the reference for this pro-forma invoice

First of all, there is no logic behind this and I dont understand what is the need to create a proforma when already a commercial invoice is generated. Also it is a general logic in SAP that we create proforma first and then subsequently, commercial invoice.

G. Lakshmipathi

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Did you maintain the copy control between those 2 billing Type ? If no maintain

if yes try to check the copy control settings

and also is there any specific reason creating Pro-forma invoice based on original Invoice ?

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have maintained the copy controls between billing and proforma. I have maintained the same copy controls as between credit not and billing document.

The reason for creation of proforma based on billing doc is a business requirement.

Regards,

Raghav

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share your copying control settings.

Or you can try with following Copying control config

Header

Copying requirements

Item

Copying requirements

027 - Item bill. to bill.

Billing quantity

<blank>

Data VBRK/VBRP

Pos./neg. quantity

<blank>

Pricing type

C

PricingExchRate type

<blank>

Price source

<blank>

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

I had given the same copy controls that you have mentioned. Also, I tried with pricing type "D". But still getting the split.

Regards,

Raghav

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then there is a need to develop a routine for Copying requirements for header & item requirement, respectively, to surpass these split criteria you got.

- SD document category M U

- ID:Exchange rate setting (no n X

Recognizes the table & fields involved for split.

And take assistance of ABAPer in team to develop routines

Just one concern, how you are going to handle sales doc status with this sales process?

Regards

JP