Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying patch SAPKA64020

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have to apply patch SAPKA64020, but when go through the note 672651 it describe

"Symptom: After you import Support Package SAPKA64020, all field modification settings for the business partner category are

overwritten or reset to the standard SAP settings.

Solution: Note 1107216 describes the cause of the problem and a

solution. Take the actions described in this note before you import the Support Package. If you have any questions about this problem, create a problem

message in the component CA-GTF-BDT."

Please suggest what is business partner category, it is related to functional? How to check existing business partner category.

Thanks

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

Please forward SAP Note 1107216 to your functional team and ask them to analyze and give you the green signal.

Best way to find out is to apply this support pack on your Sandbox and check if it makes any difference. If you don't have any Sandbox, then you can apply it on your development box after your functional team gives green signal.

My suggestion is to always go to latest level of Support Pack. This will solve lot of problem.

Hope this may help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Ananda Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On What system you are applying the SP, usually the BP defined in ECC, CRM , SRM and Solman. Business partner can be defined in the system as

1). Natural person (private individual)

2). Group (e.g. married couple, shared living arrangement)

3). Organization (e.g. company, department in a company, club, association)

Refer to the document for more information

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/CABP/CABP.pdf

Regards,

Arjun

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have to apply on ECC 5.0 system.

thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with your SRM or CRM team on BP's configured on the system. Make a note of BP's before applying the note.

As suggested by the note, Apply the note corrections before applying the SP

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

we haven't CRM or SRM system and I want to apply the patch to ECC system.

please suggest how to check modification settings for the business partner category?

or I can apply patch directly.

Thanks

Ganesh