cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my account got deleted from the SDN Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Moderators,

Earlier, I had a Log In ID for SDN with Username: P1173661, through this username I earned forum points around 380. Now, I lost my username as well as forum points, can anyone tell me the reason why my ID got deleted, what mistake I made with the forum.

I request the moderators to re-activate my earlier username with forum points or transfer the forum points to my new username: P1296952922.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopi Krishna.Y

Edited by: Yandra@SAP on Feb 8, 2012 12:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi yandra,

IMHO , Do you think its possible to restore a deleted account in a Forum like SDN? its not as a simple task like lock/unlock your account. Deletion is one time task and in SDN it takes a strict process (approvals, verifications) to do.

if points is such important for you, 380 is not a very high score and dont take much time to achieve, in the mean time with your experience you can write some technical blogs and wikis. on an average you will get more than 400 for 4 blogs.

regards,

mahesh

(Personal Opinion)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I am not requesting to activate my old account. I knew that account cannot be activated once it is deleted. I am asking to activate my new account, which cannot be accessed directly.

It is always asked to access from Complete Registration(Link).

It is created with unique User ID. I have created a SDN Username with same Mail ID, which generated different User ID.

I am asking to activate my new User ID, which can be accessed directly.

Regards,

Gopi Krishna Yandra

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For issues with your account, send an email to sapnetwork@sap.com

Now. Regarding plagiarism: You posted:

-

Hi Expert,

1. Posting Date?

Ans:Date which is used when entering the document in Financial Accounting or Controlling.

Use

The fiscal year and the period for which an update of the accounts specified in the document or cost elements is made, are derived from the posting date.

When entering documents, the system checks whether the posting date entered is allowed by means of the posting period permitted.

Note

The posting date can differ from both the entry date (day of entry into the system) and the document date (day of creation of the original document).

2. Document Date?

Ans: The document date is the date on which the original document was issued.

Dependencies

The document date must not be the same as the posting date on which G/L account balances or customer and vendor balances are updated.

Example

The document date can be the issue date of an invoice or a payment, for example.

3. Value Date?

Ans:Indicates that the current date is used as the default value for the value date when entering line items.

4. Baseline Date?

Ans:Indicator that no default value is required for the baseline date for payment. You then have to enter the base date manually during document entry.

Regards,

GK

SAP

-

Some of your answer comes from SAP Help. The answer to 4) is word for word identical to that on http://www.erpdb.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/SAP_Configuration_Guide.pdf p194.

Now, you may not have copied it directly from there, but you copied it. And it is for that reason that your account was deleted. Do you wish to continue your denial? Or shall I put in a request for your new account to be deleted?

matt

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, this shows why it is important to register with an email address that you actually check the account of, and that you read any messages received from the moderators.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I never received any mail (warning mail) from any moderators. So, I continued to answer by providing links. But, once i copied and pasted from sap-technical link, for that mistake i have not received any mail, next to that mistake they deleted my account.

I am not worried in deleting my account, but by this small mistake(one mistake) i lost my identity in my organization.

I am started answering to SDN forums from today, by going through rules and regulations thoroughly.

Please make sure that to activate my new account by observing one month.

Regards,

Gopi Krishna Yandra

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some of your messages were rejected. That automatically sends a rejection note to your registered email. I personally edited one of those messages to read:

2nd January 2012

Portions copied from http://www.erpdb.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/SAP_Configuration_Guide.pdf. Do not copy other people's work. If you do this again your account could be deleted

Plagiarism - passing off someone elses work as your own - is strictly forbidden.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response..

Sorry to say you that, I never copied any messages from your provided link..

http://www.erpdb.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/SAP_Configuration_Guide.pdf

But, as i mentioned before i have just copied once from the link.. http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/ExitsBADIs/VF01/Index.htm - to the thread Adding custom tab to the transaction VF01

I am very sure that i have done this mistake. But, I have not done any other mistake as mentioned on 2nd January.

OK and Thanks for the past..

You may observe that for doing Plagiarism.

Please activate my new account by this end of the month. If I repeat the same mistake, you can delete my account at any time.

Regards,

Gopi Krishna Yandra

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way,

IMO, Contributions made by individuals via the forums should not be used by companies as a way to measure performance and certainly should not be attached to any incentives.

Regards

Juan

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did some research, your ID was deleted due to repeated copy/pasting of texts without referencing the source, even though you had been warned inbetween.

Sorry, there is no turning back, please start over with a clean record, sticking to the rules of engagement from now on.

Thomas