cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Automatic Release for Billing Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have a requirement to make an automatic release after billing document has been created under our custom condition. I could not remove POSTING BLOCK option in VOFA since only some conditions could make these billing documents will automatically released.

Through the following thread (http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2018810) says that it is posible to create the billing document and change manually the option to "automatic released" in the header but I still could not find how to do that.

Could you please advice me, is there any user exit that is possible to put our condition and make auto release of billing document? or at least how to create billing document manually via VF01 and change the option not to block payment?

Thanks.

Regards,

Charlie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Go to Header Level in VF01

Under Accounting Data Tab --> Posting Status Field

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prosanna,

Thanks for your answer.

Actually I already aware of this field but apparently I could not change this field's value via VF01 (disabled). I also try to compare the value between Not Release Bill Doc (status A) with Released Bill Doc (status C), if it is possible to change this field, is it through the same process as we use VF02 and released manually? If you happen to know, is there any user exit that could be used to manipulated this field's value?

Thanks & regards,

Charlie

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Tcode VFX3 for List Blocked Billing Document and release it to accounting.

Not Release Bill Doc (status A) with Released Bill Doc (status C),

Not Release Bill Doc (status A)

- Open Billing Doc

No Accounting doc

VBUK-FKSTK = A

Not yet processed

Released Bill Doc (status C)

- Complete Billing Doc

may be with accounting doc

VBUK-FKSTK = C

Completely processed

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks for your answer.

Actually that is my consideration also to write custom program and put our custom condition and if applied then call VFX3 and passing billing doc number as a parameter to release it. This custom program then will be run regularly via jobs but I still prefer (if possible) to use exit to release it straight away after the billing doc created.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Charlie

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, there is no need to maintain Posting Block indicator active in Billing Doc type in VOFA.

By this, when you create the billing doc in VF01, on saving the billing doc the automatically billing doc will release to accounting.

And its standard behaviour.

There is no need to user-exit.

By simply deactivating Posting Block indicator in your desire billing doc type by using TCode VOFA, you can achieve your requirement.

In case of any concern or doubt, kindly share.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

As I mention before, only in certain condtion the billing doc will automatically released so it is not always automatically released, that is why I could not turn-off POSTING BLOCK indicator in VOFA.

I finally found exit (USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMK) that I could use to change the billing doc indicator for automatically released although it is not satisfied me 100% since this exit has been run twice (before and after save) and one of my auto release is to compare the net value in the header (before save, net value in header is still 0).

Thanks all.

Regards, Charlie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charlie,

You will have insert ABAP code of the Condition that you want to check before Releasing some Invoice directly to Accounting.

This ABAP Code will be inserted in Program RV60AFZZ using User Exit - USEREXIT_ACCOUNT_PREP_KOMKCV or SEREXIT_ACCOUNT_PREP_KOMPCV .

Speak to your ABAPer & he can do the needful.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta