cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Certificate through MOPZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to renew my Maintenance Certificate through Service Marketplace and I already have requested Maintenance Certificate

for SRM 7.0 As (ABAP) and AS(JAVA).

As I am able to apply maintenance certificate for SRM 7.0 As JAVA,but not able to get the license of SRM 7.0 AS ABAP.

Is it possible to apply the Maintenance Certificate through MOPZ as I got Solman7.1 SP04 Installed in my System?

I already have gone through the Links below:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMP/LicenseKeyApplication+%28XX-SER-LIKEY%29

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001857722008E.pdf

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitabh

The distribution of maintenance certificates uses SDCCN.

[Note 1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1280664]

Please check the relevant SAP notes for more information.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

In above provided url, SDCCN configuration is also a part of License management pre-requisites. Anything additional need to be done?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/dc/0a929d9ac44cdf88f789334201712d/content.htm

Regards

Purna

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Purna

You should follow through the steps on help.sap.com and make sure the prerequisites are met.

For SDCCN best way to maintain is to start from Solution Manager in transaction SMSY in the upper menu Environment - Solution Manager Operations - Administration SDCCN

Add your managed SAP systems in there and make your Solution Manager the master for each of them. Activate SDCCN where it's not active for those managed SAP system.

In order to be able to do that your managed SAP systems have to configured properly in SMSY/LMDB so you have RFC connections available in Solution Manager.

The help page gives a good overview though.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Yes. As a standard proper system data must be available in LMDB/SMSY. I am using Solution manager for distributing license and mantenance certificates to managed systems

Regarda

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I want to know one thing As I have applied the maintenance certificates for AS ABAP and AS JAVA of SRM 7.0.

As I got the certificate for JAVA and I have already applied it but still not getting certificate for ABAP.

I did it manually through SMP.

As I have checked in SOLMAN_WORKCENTER->>License Management->>As I can see Two columns as Maintenance Certificate and Received Maintenance Certificate.

While in Maintenance Certificate Column I am getting Yellow LED and in the Received Maintenance Certificate I am getting Green LED for SRM 7.0.I am Confused regarding this Certificate.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitabh

I would think received = received in Solution Manager.

The other column most likely represents if that certificate is already in the managed SAP system or not.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

Yellow LED stands for Maintenance status is within 30 days of Expiry,That means I will get the Maintenance Certificate in 30

days,As My certificate will expire in next 5 days.So what to do in this scenario.

Kindly help me regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitabh

Check your managed SAP system to verify if the SDCCN task Maintenance Package runs properly each day. Normally that should update the maintenance certificate in your managed SAP system.

You could also perform a single task run "License update" in SDCCN in the managed SAP system.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please tell me how to check if the SDCCN task Maintenance Package running properly each day?

As I can see Maintenance Package in SDCCN Tx which has it's Technical Name as MAINTAIN_SDCC.

Is it the Right Technical Name?

Can you please tell me how to perform a single task run "License update" in SDCCN in the managed SAP system?

As I have created it in SOLMAN 7.1 SP04,Should I create it in MANGED SYSTEM as well?

Kindly help me out.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Edited by: jitu001 on Feb 8, 2012 5:23 PM

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitabh

Check the tab Done in transaction SDCCN and click on the view log button on a row that has Task name "Maintenance Package".

SDCCN should be active in each AS ABAP based SAP system (also SolMan) and the task Maintenance Package should run properly.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help guys.

Closing this question.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitu,

Maintenance certificates can not be generated through MOPZ..However you can have maintenance certificate automatically renewed thorugh Solution manager. Please check below link for more details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/89/a7c08d740c4cffb491f98801f17d30/content.htm

Regards

Purna